Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of ?

Options
  • 18-09-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just a quick question to ask whether there is any free CSS generator that I can download or use via the internet.

Also are there any tools for fixing HTML, by this is mean cleaning the apprearance of HTML and checking whether < and > etc are opened, closed etc.

Also is there any drag and drop PHP development environment, something similar to Visual Studion.net.

Finally, is VB.net and VisualStudio.net (obviously vb.net would be visual basic of Visual Studio) the same and is ASP.net and ASP all the same.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Have a look at the validator plugins for Firefox, and web developers toolbar.

Very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You also can't beat Notepad++ for a decent lightweight text editor. It comes with syntax highlighting for most languages and a stupidly powerful search/replace.

I tried a number of free Web IDEs a couple of years ago and am loath to say that nothing came close to Dreamweaver in terms of flexibility. They were either language-specific, or html-specific. Notepad++ has been my editor of choice in work for the last 9 months though, even though I have a copy of Dreamweaver available to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I used use ...crimsoneditor a lot ... now I'm using eclipse ... and its damn nice ... once you configure it the way you want it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

nellyshark wrote:
    Hi Guys and Gals,

Just a quick question to ask whether there is any free CSS generator that I can download or use via the internet.

Also are there any tools for fixing HTML, by this is mean cleaning the apprearance of HTML and checking whether < and > etc are opened, closed etc.

Also is there any drag and drop PHP development environment, something similar to Visual Studion.net.

Finally, is VB.net and VisualStudio.net (obviously vb.net would be visual basic of Visual Studio) the same and is ASP.net and ASP all the same.

Thanks.

Get the web developer toolbar for Firefox, it's the business. You can also get programs like HTMLTidy etc, but I think this is available as a FireFox plugin too.

VisualStudio.net is the framework, vb.net is a language that can be written using it.

ASP and ASP.net are very different to each other.

Edit: Forbairt reminded me, I also use crimson editor as a text editor - syntax colouring for lots of different files, and it's very handy for editing files through FTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

eoin_s wrote:
    Edit: Forbairt reminded me, I also use crimson editor as a text editor - syntax colouring for lots of different files, and it's very handy for editing files through FTP.

I'm still using it for quick file edits ...

tabbed windows ... are a major plus ... even its project window is pretty handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Great work here,

Thanks for clearing up the confusion for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

firebug is a great extension for firefox too, using it a bit in work
    it is kind of similar to the web developer toolbar but more usable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

firebug is a great extension for firefox too, using it a bit in work
    it is kind of similar to the web developer toolbar but more usable imo.

I have it installed also, but disable it most the time as it really seemed to slow the browser down. Firefox is enough of a memory hog as it is.

Advertisement