Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving category

Options
  • 18-09-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I past my driving test awhile back for my "B" license but have wondered why it says on my lcense that I can also drive a "W" category vehicle also. I did not do a test for a work vehicle so why is this so?

Timmy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe you ticked the box? :)

By default, a full licence in category B allows you to drive vehicles in categories M & W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭~~SKYHIGH~~

I knew you could drive an M category but did not know about W.
    I'm sure I did not tick the box but anyways I dont mind... I dont live on a farm or anything but nice to know I could take JCB for a spin haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I past my driving test awhile back for my "B" license but have wondered why it says on my lcense that I can also drive a "W" category vehicle also. I did not do a test for a work vehicle so why is this so?

Timmy

When i got my license back in 1999 W was standard on Provisionals. Hence when you pass your test it was on there by default

Advertisement