Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi fellers

Options
  • 18-09-2007 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

As I said on the introduction thread, some of you will know me, especially you lot from FTL. What I didn't mention on there was that, apart from being a Spurs fan since birth, I am also a freelance writer. I am currently writing a book about Spurs Supporters Groups from across the British Isles and worldwide, and I was hoping that there may be one or two of you on here who could help me with a few gems from your neck of the woods.

'The book, entitled 'All Roads Lead To N.17', is running a bit light on material...so, here, (if I can master copy and paste as well as my kids) is a synopsis to give you an idea what it is the book is trying to do...

Synopsis of
    ‘All Roads Lead To N.17’

The book is a record of the many thousands of loyal Spurs fans from all over the UK and worldwide who follow their team through good times and bad. It tells of their devotion to a team that so often promises much, but all too often fails to deliver.

The book is in two parts. The first is a series of chapters telling anecdotes (stories) about fans’ experience of supporting Spurs from so far away. It will deal with games that are special to fans, and also games that they would like to forget. What special problems are there watching games in a different time zone? What is involved with trying to get a station to watch the game on when SKY are not covering the match?
    What do the locals make of Tottenham supporters in their country? What made people choose Spurs in the first place?

The second part of the book is a series of indexes, listing Spurs fan groups, Spurs websites, other Spurs books, pubs to watch games in, and pubs to visit near to White Hart Lane. For the ‘fan groups’ section, it would be helpful if clubs could include as much information as possible so that new supporters reading the book could get in touch quite easily.

It is hoped to include as many photographs from supporters as possible, but the ones which would have the most impact are those which are not ‘posed for’…pictures that tell a story, whether it is fans at a game, happy, sad, angry…travelling to and from matches. Also, supporters’ club flags will have a special section of their own.

It is intended that ‘All Roads Lead To N.17’ will be a must for both established Tottenham followers and as a guide’ to those who are new to the club.

Stone me, it worked. Look forward to hearing from you fellers, and COYS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Plenty of the Paddys on here will have stories to tell about travel and cost.
    I often laugh at people in London complaining about getting to WHL - they should try going to Croke Park - second last visit clamped on a Sunday.

Need to say a bit about to send articles to you etc.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd urge everyone to have a think about this and see if you have something to contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shelfer

galinka wrote:
    Plenty of the Paddys on here will have stories to tell about travel and cost.
    I often laugh at people in London complaining about getting to WHL - they should try going to Croke Park - second last visit clamped on a Sunday.

Need to say a bit about to send articles to you etc.:D

If anyone is interested in helping me, Pm me and I'll give my email addy.

There has to some good craic from this neck of the woods surely?

Sorry mate, I've a bit to put together and will send on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Sorry mate, I've a bit to put together and will send on to you.

Me too Steve.
    I'll get the head down over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shelfer

Any of you from the old Topspurs board, FTL or Dublin Spurs will know of the nutter the world knew as Irish Den, sadly lost to mankind in the early part of this year.

I spoke to his widow Lisa tonight and, in the course of the conversation, she told me he used to write a newletter for Spurs at about the time he was part of an international peacekeeping force in Lebanon.

Would anyone on here know if those letters still exist anywhere? I intend to use some of Den's experiences in uniform in one of my chapters, and Lisa says it sounds like a fine idea. Den himself would chuckle at the temporary celebrity status. Andy Warhol's fifteen minutes of fame and all that.

Hope somebody can help

Steve, there's only myself, Dublin Spur and Pat Healy (yiddo on here) who knew Den...might not get too much success on that search.

You try mailing the Dublin Supporters Club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Steve, there's only myself, Dublin Spur and Pat Healy (yiddo on here) who knew Den...might not get too much success on that search.

You try mailing the Dublin Supporters Club?

Jim Duggan at Topspurs would be another good source for stories on Den.

Advertisement