Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericssons K850i and T650i

• 18-09-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

Any idea if and when these two phones are likely to hit the Irish market? I see you can get the T650i on expansys for the guts of €500 but I was thinking more along the lines of getting a subsidised phone on one of the network providers. Torn between these two phones. K850i has some really fantastic features, not least the Cybershot 5MP camera. The T650i is slim and has a good 3.2 MP camera. Both are 3G and have everything else you'd expect from a top of the range cutting edge phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The T650 has just been released on O2. I wouldn't mind getting a shot of the K850i.. wish someone would release that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

ciaranfo wrote:
    The T650 has just been released on O2. I wouldn't mind getting a shot of the K850i.. wish someone would release that :(

Was tempted by the k850i, but looking at some of the comments on mobile-review.com has me in doubt. Apparently the camera is only a marginal improvement over the 800/810. Furthermore the price doesn't reflect the lack of features.

Some controversy as SE seem to have used images taken with a Samsung digital camera and tried to pass it off as the phones on their websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Duplicate, sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

The K850i will be out on O2 in November, they have been "testing" it since July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I'm more interested in the W960i, any idea's when this bad boy will hit the market?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

John_Mc wrote:
    I'm more interested in the W960i, any idea's when this bad boy will hit the market?

Thanks
    W960i looks quite big to me.
    Was tempted by the k850i, but looking at some of the comments on mobile-review.com has me in doubt. Apparently the camera is only a marginal improvement over the 800/810. Furthermore the price doesn't reflect the lack of features.
    Haven't researched it much but hopefully the issues are nothing that can't be fixed with firmware upgrades. The feature set does look tasty though especially, as I said before, the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

It's only something like 119g's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

billbond4 wrote:
    The K850i will be out on O2 in November, they have been "testing" it since July

In other words they still have f loads of 6230i's, k800's and 6233's left in their inventory and the average irish punter thinks these are state of the art and are prepared to pay ridiculous contract prices in return for terrible subsidys.

November would probably be right if not latter.... stuff on o2 always got delayed whilst i was working for them................

W960 is scheduled for a quarter 4 release meaning its going to be at least two to three months after it launches on the rest of the european networks.....

Advertisement