Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden trellis

Options
  • 19-09-2007 3:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Call me naive but I can't believe the expense of garden trellis! Anyone out there know where I could get cheap, or at least good value, garden trellis? (the gardeners amongst you may laugh, but I'd happily consider second hand or is that ridiculous? - obviously new to this gardening business!)

I want the fairly tightly woven variety as I need it to add some height to my back garden walls to deter various small neighbours from constantly peering in :)

Thanks a million folks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

I'm in the same predicament, Karla. I found the average price to be around €35 for a 6-foot square piece, rough wood, not even sanded... That was from garden centres. Timber merchants didn't even sell them.

I then found a garden shed centre up where I'm from up North (Armagh) that would make a load for me for around £15 each (about €22), but then I'd need a trailer as he doesn't deliver to Meath :mad:

I'd be interested to see the responses...

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Here are 2 popular types (Small Square: Country Trellis and Small Diamond: CLementine) which are available from Clonee Sawmills and Landscape Depot in Tallaght to name just two sources.

Such panels are Pressure treated and consequently of a higher price and quality. Expect to pay around € 35.00 - € 45.00. Budget quality is available from B&Q, Homebase etc, but I wouldn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 karla33

Thanks a million guys, do you know I was quoted €97 per 6 x 5 panel of Clementine (less a 10% discount, yeah right), did they see me coming or what?!

Advertisement