Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael to represent Ireland @ the PES Euro Finals

Options
  • 19-09-2007 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

I caught up with irish rankings winner today and he was kind enough to do this interview.

Micheal is a Mayo boy and nice fella also ,and will be traveling(with his dad lol) to seville to represent Ireland at the European Finals Of PES.

I would have added a pic of Micheal but Digital cameras seem to have not made it to the west of ireland yet

lpoolfan: 1st off congrats on finishing top of the irish rankings micheal and making the euros how do u feel?

Micheal: Thank you, I feel great and very excited fo represent my country Ireland.

lpoolfan: how did you feel when u received the email from rankings that to confirm your qualifcation.

Micheal: I had just changed my email to my new one on rankings and believe it or not but I got a bloody email the next day and I was wondering who the email from.I then saw was from rankings and I shoke with excitement and asked my Dad did he want to go on a free trip to Seville which he replied yes.haha

lpoolfan: it has been a long hard season on rankings, were you always confident you would have the euros??, you had a great start to the season.

Micheal: Yep it was a great season for me and my first season. I was very lucky at the start I managed to play non cheaters and helped me through rankings which is really difficult at the start. As the season went through I was entering official online events and gained alot of points from them beating a few top players along the way.

lpoolfan: How do u rate your chances at the euros in seville??

Micheal: Im not to sure to be honest,It will be my first pes offline event and I will have alot of nerves. The only players I have played before that are going to Seville are Rob and Ulf the Sweden champion he was a very friendly guy and a brillant player.I think he may be one of the favourites to win it but Im not sure but they were online and I heard its a step up in class offline.All I will know I will give my best!!

lpoolfan: Great to have that fighting irish spirit , how long have you been playing pro evo ?

Micheal: I have been playin since pes3 and loved every game. Pes 6 mind is the first game I ever played online.

lpoolfan: what age are you?

Micheal: 16 (And never been kissed)

lpoolfan: any other half?? or is all your time been taken up by pro evo?

Micheal: I played most last year pro evo, because it was in an easy year of school but havent played it since just waiting for PES2008.
    This year different though not as much free time.

lpoolfan: what is your fav team/player on pro evo??

Micheal: My fav team has got to be Chelsea and Brasil and my favourite player is Kaka I just love dribblings with kaka something about him lol.

lpoolfan: Cutback or skill??

Micheal: Skill but cutbacks come if needed

lpoolfan: BBBoooooo , i suppose to finish top you have to take any chances that come ur way.

Micheal: Yep you do what you need or you will regret it.If you have to hack you have to hack, I dunno about offline if you hacked would they hit you haha

lpoolfan IPEG Admin says:
    who on rankings do you aspire to and why???

Micheal: Rob to be honest he ozzes class, people criticise him but he always shows what class he has on the pitch.

lpoolfan IPEG Admin says:
    last question what will be a success for michael at the euros??

Micheal: I think if I made it out of the groups it would be a great succes being my first offline tourny and all and the amount of class in the event.

lpoolfan: Michael thank you very much for your time and i hope you do the boys in green proud in seville. Im sure you will meet up the guys from the uk and have a great time. Make sure you come back after the finals and let us know all about it.

Micheal: No problem at all.I will do my best for my country and will tell you about my expierence.

lpoolfan: come on Ireland!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I'm better then everyone, why can't I represent us? I count kick his little second level school ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Of course he'd be good if he uses Chelski and Brazil. Lets see him use Cagliari or Bulgaria!

Anyways, fair play to the lad and I wish him the best for the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

pesireland wrote:
    lpoolfan: Cutback or skill??

Micheal: Skill but cutbacks come if needed
    I don't undestand this :confused: What is this question?

Best of luck to him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

who the hell is this "Michael" character?

I cant belive they pluck someone off an online leaderboard (when we all know PES is laggy as **** online and pretty unplayable, and everyone just picks Brazil/Barca).

I'd say theres a LOT of amazing pro evo players in Ireland who have never even played it online.

oh well, good luck i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

he finished top of the pesrankings irish table, yeah i agree PS2 is lagg city but on xbox360 ive ran some great events through pesrankings and i'll be running loads more offical events and hopefully lots of offline (with prises) if people were willing to travel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

pesireland wrote:
    he finished top of the pesrankings irish table, yeah i agree PS2 is lagg city but on xbox360 ive ran some great events through pesrankings and i'll be running loads more offical events and hopefully lots of offline (with prises) if people were willing to travel.

I would be willing to travel and so would 4 of my friends.

Were all pretty good at Pro Ev and have close matches but none of us have ever played online.

I would be willing to travel and so would 4 of my friends.

Were all pretty good at Pro Ev and have close matches but none of us have ever played online.

nice one when new season starts i think i'll hold a few in carlow, held a PS2 one last season and 2 in dublin.

Lick the link in my sig and keep checking back for events.

was the dublin one in HMV on grafton st.?

I dropped by there but didnt take part. I would have been destroyed as I have never played xbox 360 before.

I can hold my own on PS2/3 though. Played some guy on PS2 online a few months back. He was in the top 2 or 3 on the overall PESRankings and he only beat me 2-1 while he beat everyone else 5-0, 6-0 (it was an online world cup or sumthin).

wudnt mind taking part if there was a tourney on in dublin again, but please god ps3 this time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

pesireland wrote:
    Lick the link in my sig and keep checking back for events.
    No sly ones. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

pschh Id give this kid a run with Man utd. I never knew baout this tournament

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

No satisfaction in playing as those teams. Games are much, much better when playing as teams like Steau Bucherest and the like.

No satisfaction in playing as those teams. Games are much, much better when playing as teams like Steau Bucherest and the like.

agreed. when i play PES with my m8s we only pick teams of moderate enough skill level (Switzerland ,Belgium etc.)

It's a better test of who is better at Pro Evo. You dont have the players doing all the work for you (i.e. Lampard blasting it into the top corner with minimul effort)

But guys remember when ur playing all season with the object of making the Euro finals and playing against guys that are using Man Utd, Chelsea, Inter, Barca etc you have to fight fire with fire.

You not gonna play Watford vs Inter and risk losing massive ranking points just to make it harder, believe me the players on rankings are good enough without giving them any more of an advantage.

Yes i know what ur thinking and it is very competitive.

Advertisement