Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a decent bike shop?

Options
  • 19-09-2007 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I see that there are a mountain of threads here about where to buy from (I read them all!) so I just wanted to let you know that if you are looking for really good service and a great selection then I could not recommend Rob in Wheelworx in Clondalkin (Dunnes shopping center) enough.

I went to all the shops as is the norm looking for my first road bike in 10 years, found the usual non-interest-in-selling in Cycleways and lack of advice and service in the others (Cyclogical were a nice bunch) but finally I bought a new Giant SCR 2 from Wheelworx, I could have gotten it for around €100 cheaper on the web but after weighing up the service, warranty etc it was well worth the extra cash.

I promise I am not affiliated with Wheelworx and no I don't know Rob personally so please just take this as my recommended experience and if you are stuck for a vendor you could do an awful lot worse than to check these guys out. (They even have Zipps in stock all the time!)

Now if only I could buy some warm mornings and smooth roads somewhere!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Xander1971 wrote:
    ... then I could not recommend Rob in Wheelworx in Clondalkin (Dunnes shopping center) enough.
    Thanks, a personal recommendation is worth a lot. IKWYM about Cycleways (much the same at H*lf*rds but with more stock). Cliff at Cyclelogical is great, but they are are shop focused on light-weight bikes, and don't really grok commuting.
    Now if only I could buy some warm mornings and smooth roads somewhere!
    Spain is nice, but remember you helment...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

And Rob's website is now an online shop - http://www.wheelworxbikes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 44 clem

Must agree with the OP. Rob and his staff are sound. He's also in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Great to get a personal recommendation. If you're spending decent money on bikes and bike gear, it counts for a lot. It's also the one area where local dealers can really shine compared to Internet-based shops.

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

clem wrote:
    He's also in Naas.
    AFAIK the Naas shop closed down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement