Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from my Airis t920a..

Options
  • 19-09-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I've had my Airis t920a for a while now and while it's good, it could be a lot better and as I drive for a living, all over the place and abroad too, I'd like a more advanced Sat Nav to help me along the way!

Things I'd like that the Airis hasn't got are:
    -Speed trap warnings
    -Route planning (being able to get distance etc of a route without needing a signal, and it being able to tell you miles and estimated time)
    -Map updates that wont rip you off :o
    -If possible, something that can tell you are in slow moving traffic when you shouldn't be and will ask can it suggest another route
    -One where you can zoom out far enough to see the whole route
    -One where you can point to a road and say it's closed so it will suggest a different route
    -Can recognise high capacity Mem cards so you can just dump all of Europe on and not have to worry about loading them on in the future.

I don't care about video/mp3 playback or bluetooth so I'm just looking for the best value Sat Nav that has all/most of the above. The route planning being the most important.

Also, how much do you reckon my Airis T920a is now worth to sell 2nd hand?

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

cormie wrote:
    Things I'd like that the Airis hasn't got are:
    -Route planning (being able to get distance etc of a route without needing a signal, and it being able to tell you miles and estimated time)
    Isn't there the option to "plan a route", not sure of the option exactly as I don't have my Airis on me but I'm pretty sure you can do this.
    cormie wrote:
    -One where you can zoom out far enough to see the whole route
    Again, isn't there the option to Zoom to - Entire Route
    All your other wishes are no-nos with the Airis unless you manually upload all the speed camera locations from Europe into it and set a POI alarm to alert you when you're approaching one.
    cormie wrote:
    Also, how much do you reckon my Airis T920a is now worth to sell 2nd hand?
    I can't imagine you would get anything more that €100 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

:o

Fletch you just saved me a lot of money and a lot of hassle, thanks a mill :D

The T920a has the plan a route feature, the most important feature I wanted, however, the Zoom to Entire Map feature doesn't show the route, just the GPS position and then the destination. There is a Zoom to Route button, but it's greyed out and can't be pressed:confused:

The other features I was looking for aren't worthy enough to splash out and upgrade just yet so this will do me for now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sorry, the above post is a bit misleading, I can view the full route on the "Plan a Route" feature, however, if I navigate to a route and I am actually driving there, and I want to see the route that I'm travelling, the Zoom To Entire map, doesn't show the route, it only shows the gps position and destination and the Zoom to Route button can't be pressed!

Advertisement