Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quiet Player or Recorder

• 19-09-2007 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine recently purchased a setup that came with a Sony DVD player/recorder that also has upscales to 1080p anyway he thought the player was kinda noisy and the place he bought it from well were telling him they can't hear anything from it etc.

So he brought it over to me and yeah it was loud in fact louder than my own HTPC and definitely audible during quiet scenes of a movie. It's from a fan at the back of the unit well I offered to replace that fan with something quieter but he declined :)

So he is going to return it and get something else anyone got any suggestions on a quiet DVD player or DVD recorder (<-with or without HD) that also upscales to 1080p ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

problem with recorders is that they need to have a hard drive, and hard drives in a small enclosure like that need cooling, which means a fan. I've never had noise issues with any player only that i have had...does he really need the recorder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Thats what I thought thought, he doesn't really need the recorder so I think the player is the way to go he is getting Sky so may as well get the PVR from Sky as well because the picture from Chorus digital is very poor on his screen.

Advertisement