Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question to 3Pay customers.

• 19-09-2007 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

I bought the 100MB Broadband option for my Nokia N73 a couple of weeks back.

Everything was working fine until the 17th Sept when all my Internet applications stopped working and only could only access 3's intranet and their MSN proxy. Before this I had full internet access as I had done the age verification with 3.

I noticed a new option now on My3 for me called "Access Settings". When I go in here, im given "You can't surf the web from this mobile" and a link below "Change Access". That link gives "To change your Internet access settings, you need to call 3 customer services on 333"

Also if I go into "Buy Mobile Broadband" thats found at the bottom of the "More Links" which you get to from the "Services" page, im gived "Authorisation failure, please call 3 customer services on 333"

feck sake!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it was free to use until the 17th. everyone's stopped working that day it seems. it's been working for me since very intermittently, ie it won't work for hours and then it'll work for ten minutes.

but it never told me that i couldn't surf the web from my phone so it looks like they might have forgotten you were age verified as they did to me 3 times. call them and see what's going on if you can manage to make them understand. you'll probably have to "wait 24 hours" because they'll pass it onto the people who know stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Im chatting to some dude named "Bony" through their online customer support at:
    http://livechat.boldchat.com/aid/7939057008210113350/bc.chat?cwdid=2337875678197600307

Or you can access this online support from www.three.ie and click on "Mobiles" then click on "Questions?. talk to an advisor" on the bottom right.

[Operator 1] Welcome to 3.My name is Bony.How can I help you?
    [Visitor] I bought the 100MB Broadband option for my Nokia N73 a couple of weeks back.
    [Visitor] Everything was working fine until the 17th Sept when all my Internet applications stopped working and only could only access 3's intranet and their MSN proxy.
    [Operator 1] ok
    [Visitor] Before this I had full internet access as I had done the age verification with 3.
    [Visitor] I noticed a new option now on My3 for me called "Access Settings". When I go in here, im given "You can't surf the web from this mobile" and a link below "Change Access". That link gives "To change your Internet access settings, you need to call 3 customer services on 333"
    [Operator 1] give me a moment while that can be checked
    [Visitor] alright
    [Operator 1] There is an ongoing issue with accessing the internet on pay as you go phone and we are investigating on it, If you could give me your 3 mobile number I can get it forwarded to the technical team and have them get it checked ., and this should be resolved in 24 hrs
    [Visitor] 08********
    [Visitor] hello?
    [Visitor] 24 hours?
    [Operator 1] It may take upto 24 hrs to get it checked and resolved
    [Visitor] Well i'll be on tommrow if its not fixed.
    [Operator 1] Sure not a problem we will call you back if needed
    [Visitor] yeah do that
    [Visitor] bye
    [Operator 1]

Thank You for contacting us. For any further assistance please feel free to contact us.

Although there is no timestam in the chat logs, there was a significant delay in the Operators replys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I noticed a new option now on My3 for me called "Access Settings". When I go in here, im given "You can't surf the web from this mobile" and a link below "Change Access". That link gives "To change your Internet access settings, you need to call 3 customer services on 333"

Also if I go into "Buy Mobile Broadband" thats found at the bottom of the "More Links" which you get to from the "Services" page, im gived "Authorisation failure, please call 3 customer services on 333"

I had these call 333 messages too but I found I could buy the add on through the Buy add ons section in My3.

However, it still said I can't surf the internet on this phone.

I contacted 3 through their live chat thing. Got the usual "take out the battery etc." crap from a guy called Madha but after he got my number he said he'd "escalate" it to the technical team. I said thanks but thought he was waffling because he didn't ask for my passwords or anything.
    Suddenly after I thought the conversation was over he comes back asking did I age verify. I told him I had but they lost it but that all got sorted out before. Then he asked the passwords etc. and said thank you. Then there's a long pause and then I'm suddenly disconnected!

I don't know if he sorted it out but my internet started working later that day (yesterday) and it was even better than before as my email apps that didn't work before now worked. The thing in access settings now says that my mobile can surf the internet.

But today, as I detailed in another thread, I had to change my opera mini settings because the connection has become http. Also, suddenly I cannot access tinytube.net or the mywaves application, it just says "Page is unavailable to view". (actually, I can get onto tinytube with opera mini but all the videos say unavailable).

I really don't know what they're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

it appears from 17 sept they switched over to a new pricing structure to include 49cent/mb if you dont subscribe to a bb bundle and cancelling everyone's active bundles was required to start up the new pricing!

• Advertisement

Sorry about my typo's below, i was typing fast and just wanted to get home from work:

[Operator 1] Welcome to 3.My name is Bony.How can I help you?
    [John] hello
    [John] if my broadband addon on 2pay runs out
    [John] am i charged extra or do i just have to but a new add-on ?
    [John] 3pay
    [Operator 1] You can just get the add on activated at the same price no additional charges
    [John] but what if the addon expires
    [John] do i get charged for extra MB or does the internet just not work until the next topup ?
    [Operator 1] If it expires you will have to purchase it again or else it does not work
    [John] it does not charge an extra 49c per 1MB until you buy another add-on ?
    [Operator 1] you will be charged 49c per mb till the add on is purchased
    [John] how do i know if add-on is expired ?
    [Operator 1] It would ask you to re activate it once again
    [John] and if you don't activate it again ?
    [Operator 1] You will not be able to use the service
    [John] so how does it charge you 49c per 1MB?
    [Operator 1] Say you purchase the 100 MB add on the 1st of a month that is valid till the 30th , in case your usage has crossed 100 MB by the 20th all the usage from the 20th to the 30th will be charged at 49c per MB , then you will be asked to purchase it again after the 30th .
    [John] so if i buy 100MB today (19th Sept) I must use this 100 MB by Sept 31st ?
    [Operator 1] 30 days from the date of purchase , so that will be till the 18th of october
    [John] because today i cannot use the internet
    [John] and it does not ask me to re-activate
    [Operator 1] Have You purchased the add on
    [John] no
    [Operator 1] You will need to go to planet 3 then services and you will an option of mobilebroad band with the different plans you can choose from
    [John] but can I not use the 49c for 1MB until I purchase an add-on ?
    [Operator 1] No
    [John] in My3, im told "your cannot use the internet on this mobile, please contact...."
    [John] so i cannot purcase Add-on
    [John] in "buy add-on's" in My3 im given "authorisation error please contact.."
    [Operator 1] Before You purchase the add on will have get the age verification done , it can either be done over the phone by makin a payment of €0.99 or at a 3 store
    [John] i have done this 2 months ago
    [John] in the 3 store on Henrys St. Dublin
    [Operator 1] Right but most customer are required do get it done again
    [John] why?
    [Operator 1] That is just a new process in place
    [John] i already done the age verification before, and now i have to do it again? how often am i supposed to do this ?
    [John] like if i done the age verification 2 months ago, i shouldnt have to do it again, i have gotten older you know, not younger
    [Operator 1] Can i have your 3 mobile number ?
    [John] just so you know, when i was taking to you this morning and i described the problem to you you told me that it was "an ongiong issie with accessing the internet on pay as you go phone and we are investigating on it, if yiu could give me your 3 mobile number and i can get it forwarded to the technical team and have them get it checked., and this should be resolved in 24 hrs"
    [John] now its not a technical issue but a age verification issue
    [John] the famous 24 hours!

[Operator 1] I still stand on what I said earlier, and if you have to have to check on this conversation you were inquiring about having the the add on and how it works
    [John] yes i was enquiring how it works, because this morning you told me i could not use the internet because of a technical issue
    [John] now you tell me i cannot use the intrenet because of age verification
    [Operator 1] The 1st step is to get the age verification.
    [John] which i have already done
    [Operator 1] if you still cannot access the internet with the add on activated then it is a technical issue
    [John] this is going around in circles, goodbye

Advertisement