Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most recognized distance learning University?

Options
  • 19-09-2007 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I'm interested to start a Degree course with a distance learning course, but I wouldn't like to join a course that is not recognized by other educational instututes (in case I wanted start an MSC course in the future with other Colleges ) or that is not taken seriously by employee.
    What would you suggest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Distance & Part-Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What universities are you considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spupazza

BuffyBot wrote:
    What universities are you considering?

I'm considering to take this course:
    http://www.oscail.ie/ba.php
    What is not very clear to me is:
    "Students study a common course presented through Oscail. Students register with one of the following universities and receive their degree from the university with which they are registered:
    Dublin City University .."

So that's mean that I will study on my own, but the I will take examination on DCU like "normal students" ?
    My eventual Degreee will be equivalent to a degree of student that reguraly attended courses at DCU?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

spupazza wrote:
    So that's mean that I will study on my own, but the I will take examination on DCU like "normal students" ?

Yes, to an extent. Oscail is like just another faculty within the university. Oscail students are subject to all the normal rules and regulations that a "regular" student would. Obviously, "regular" students wouldn't sit Oscail exams and vice versa.
    spupazza wrote:
    My eventual Degreee will be equivalent to a degree of student that reguraly attended courses at DCU?

Yes. The awards are no different from "regular" students. A DCU degree is a DCU degree, no matter how it was obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

spupazza wrote:
    I'm considering to take this course:
    http://www.oscail.ie/ba.php
    What is not very clear to me is:
    "Students study a common course presented through Oscail. Students register with one of the following universities and receive their degree from the university with which they are registered:
    A number of universities collaborate in Oscail, although it is co-ordinated through the National Distance Education Centre in DCU.

Depending on your geographical location, you might be a registered student of / receive your degree from UCD or UCC or NUI Maynooth or NUI Galway or ...
    spupazza wrote:
    ... or the relevant University, yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement