Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearded Dragons??

• 19-09-2007 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just wondering does anyone here have a BD as a pet, ive wanted one for years and think its time i got a new friend. Now i know there suppose to be one of the best lizards, pet wise, but id like to hear a few stories from people that have 1.
    Any info you can offer me about careing for one or wheres the best place to buy would be great.
    Thanks in advance guys.
    Vinnie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

We have two , nice pets , very easy to handle , they are easy to look after and easy to feed , but by far the best info you are going to get will be from Ben in reptile haven in Dublin.
    If your in Dublin just drop in and talk to him. He'll tell you everything you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

mathias wrote:
    We have two , nice pets , very easy to handle , they are easy to look after and easy to feed , but by far the best info you are going to get will be from Ben in reptile haven in Dublin.
    If your in Dublin just drop in and talk to him. He'll tell you everything you need to know.

Thanks mathias.
    Yep im in Dub, i've heard his name been mentioned a few times before, where abouts is his place? *Edit* Its ok google answered that one for me.
    What should i be expecting to pay for a BD and a good set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Anyone else have any insight for me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Beardies are great pets, but you need to have a big tank and even then they love to get out for a run around. and if you are going to have them in your bed room you need to think about what you feed them, crickets are noisy feckers and have kept me awake many a nite, so I use locusts now instead. As for price that depends on how old they are and where you get them.Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Baby beardies are about €75, you could easily end up paying €200+ for a setup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 esko

vivariums are fairly expensive,not for small beardies but when your beardie is an adult it'll neeed alot of space ive 2 beardies,both 1 yr old and i made my own vivarium. it;s 4ft long, 3ft high and 2ft deep.it only cost about 150euro to build.to buy one that size would cost about 4-500euro

Advertisement