Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo y/n?

• 19-09-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I see this is being released pretty soon in the UK (and presumably over here). I'm not too bothered about getting it, but will probably pick it up in a few months when second hand copies are a bit cheaper.

Are you going to buy Halo 3? 52 votes

Yes, I'll be queuing from midnight wearing a Master Chief uniform
    0% 0 votes
    Yeah, I'll probably pick it up new during the first week of sale
    13% 7 votes
    Meh, I'll wait til I can get it second hand
    53% 28 votes
    Nah, no interest. Plus I still have to clear Bioshock.
    32% 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm getting it the day it comes out. The halo series has been one of my favorite franchises and I don't think I could put it on hold as I want to see how it ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

how did the 2nd one end? I never bothered to finish it after the 1st. I may pick this up 2nd hand after a while

2nd one was kind of a cop out. They were getting everyone pumped up for this massive battle, with Master Chief on his way to the Covenent Home world IIRC. Cortana was also captured by Gravemind. The music started rising, and just as you were getting ready to kick some serious ass, the credits rolled.

I remember sitting there for 5 minutes afterwards in complete disgust.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

DarkJager wrote:
    2nd one was kind of a cop out. They were getting everyone pumped up for this massive battle, with Master Chief on his way to the Covenent Home world IIRC. Cortana was also captured by Gravemind. The music started rising, and just as you were getting ready to kick some serious ass, the credits rolled.

I remember sitting there for 5 minutes afterwards in complete disgust.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Still like playing it. Sure if it wasnt for the multiplayer would it still be the same game?

I'll defo be getting when it coems out

Havent preordered but i dont think it will sell out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Same as corblimey, i'll pick it up in a few months once the hubbub dies down. I like the halo story but apart from that i wasn't too impressed by the gameplay (Or the library level in halo 1).

• Advertisement

Multiplayer has always been excellent in Halo, but I'm really hoping the main focus of this one is on the single player story. It has to have a good ending, otherwise the whole series will have just been a waste of time.

Also (POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER):
    There's rumours that Master Chief will not survive the final battle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The first one was great , and unique at the time , brilliant game , but the second for me was a big big disappointment. Hopefully the third doesnt continue on the downward slope , but I certainly wont be lining up for it , I'll wait and see what the reviews say. ( user reviews that is , most pro ones are lies ! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was brought up on PC games and when Halo originally came along I didn't see what all the fuss was about. I had some fun with the multiplayer in Halo 2, but all in all I was never really impressed. I'll play part 3 if I get it free somewhere, but I can't see myself buying it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

íve never played halo so i prebooked this one as i expect it will be sold out in a hurry. game have alot of prebooks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll probably get it on the day of release and then end up hating myself for it. I won't bother prebooking though. There's no way it will sell out completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'll probably order off Play, Blah or Sendit (whichever is cheapest) and have it a few days after launch. Just a filler until CoD4 comes out, and I wasn't even a fan of the CoD series until the beta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'll be buying it launch day, and playing co-op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I'd say there's a decent chance it will be region free, so I'll probably pick it up off play-asia.com, not hugely bothered!

Holy crap, some Argos stores in the UK broke streetdate!
    Not here though as far as I can tell, bummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yep I'l lbe buyin...BTW THERE IS A HALO FORUM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Why all the "oh, I'll buy it, but I won't be able to look at myself in the mirror" stuff? Are people weary of the hype?

Personally I'm more excited about Half-life and CoD4 but I sure this will more then keep my attention for the month until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

koneko wrote:
    I'll be buying it launch day, and playing co-op.

No way dude, ill be saving co-op for AFTER ive finished the campaign on my own. I dont want people nattering in my ear and distracting from the story, i missed most of gears (admittedly flimsy) story cause of that. Still great experience tho, but id rather do it solo first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

grizzly wrote:
    Why all the "oh, I'll buy it, but I won't be able to look at myself in the mirror" stuff? Are people weary of the hype?
    \

After the mediocrity of the much hyped and well reviewed Halo 2? Of course.

bungie admitted that they ballsed up halo 2 SP tho and that theyre determiend to set things right for 3. Im not expecting the fps to be reinvented by halo 3, but i am expecting it to be above average, i think its a safe bet to say it will be enjoyable.
    Even halo 1 is still perfectly playable nowadays, library aside, its a great game, and halo 3 will hopefully be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm in the "might pick it up cheap a few months after release" camp.
    There's plenty coming up to keep me occupied, this one can wait until I want to wean myself off the gamut of excellent Christmas releases with something mediocre.

• Advertisement

0ubliette wrote:
    No way dude, ill be saving co-op for AFTER ive finished the campaign on my own. I dont want people nattering in my ear and distracting from the story, i missed most of gears (admittedly flimsy) story cause of that. Still great experience tho, but id rather do it solo first.

I wouldn't be playing with randoms or people from online, but people I know (at the very least me and my boyfriend, we played the others together too)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Have pre-ordered, and taken the 26th off work. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Might get it second hand. Never saw what was so great about the Halo series. A pretty generic bunch of games. The story is pretty good but that is about it for me.

koneko wrote:
    I wouldn't be playing with randoms or people from online, but people I know (at the very least me and my boyfriend, we played the others together too)

i only play with friends too, but i still want to seclude myself for this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Have it pre ordered in two different counties, and will be queing up outside Gamestop on Henry street. Oh, and I will also be sick that week of college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

n

n

A truly mind blowing comment there. I think I need a drink after that. So simple yet it has really opened my mind up to the Halo universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Will be buying on release day, taking said day off college and then playing 4 player co-op on Legendary! God this game is gonna be awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played through the whole of Halo. I kept thinking I was missing something - endless, repetive corridors, ho-hum gameplay (note: I only played in 2005, having played the likes of Half-Life 2 beforehand). Just underwhelmed.

So I tried Halo 2. This was more of a chore to complete. As primarily a single player gamer, I was shocked at how mediocre the campaign was (after the admittedly great first big battle on Earth). And THAT ending really, really made things worse - I probably loudly proclaimed "WTF!" when the credits rolled. The multiplayer was good fun for parties and the like, but the Live experience made my ears bleed (hardly the games fault, but the hardcore teenage Halo audience are really quite disgraceful to play against) .

Will I be getting Halo 3? At the moment, no. I will read the reviews, and if they really have sorted out the issues I have with the previous games, I might cave in and give it a go. If - like I fear - it doesn't evolve like all good sequels should, I will be reluctant to even rent the thing.

Sure, the Orange Box and Phantom Hourglass are out a few days afterwards anyway. Both > Halo.

Advertisement