Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Breeze. Is it any good.

Options
  • 19-09-2007 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Ok I just want to find out what peoples actual opinion of breeze is because it's so mixed here. Now I'm not talking about the Ripwave. I'm talking about the aerial on the roof. I found this reliable and fast with no problem downloading. Basically I'm interested to see other peoples experiences with it.
    Cheers.

Is IBB Breeze any good 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

My father was on Irish broadband breeze for a year and had terrible problems with connection, downloading speed and their customer service was really bad. He's since switched to BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ouldscratch

Was that recent or over a year ago. I heard they had bad service a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Was that recent or over a year ago. I heard they had bad service a while ago.
    He switched to BT internet two months ago. His connection speed was always so slow with Breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ouldscratch

Ok, cool. Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Poll closed. There's a poll stickied at the top of the forum that lists IBB Breeze as one of its options. Take a look there if you're looking for polled opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Chaosopher

I've had breeze 2mbit for almost 2 years now, and up until recently no problems. However, now that they seem to be implementing the p2p throttling the speeds I'm getting are far from what they should be. I'm lucky to get 1mbit and the upload speeds are disastrous.
    Never had a problem with customer service however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

terrible service past 2 weeks or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Terrible service for the past few days. Speed tests are great and getting 2 meg up/down according to speedtest.net.

However in practice, I have problems uploading (http) which maxes at about 50KB/s, downloads are good via http at 200KB/s, bittorrent I don't know because I don't use it but we were being throttled before this so I doubt much has changed.

The thing that is really annoying me is my Xbox Live crapped out last night with constant connection dropping which isn't acceptable as I pay a subscription to the service so IBB breaking it on me is not acceptable at all. I'm hoping that its fixed tonight because I'm supposed to be playing friends tonight, at least last night was just me playing strangers. I'd be pissed if I organised to play with friends and couldn't because of IBB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Chaosopher

brim4brim wrote:
    Terrible service for the past few days. Speed tests are great and getting 2 meg up/down according to speedtest.net.

However in practice, I have problems uploading (http) which maxes at about 50KB/s, downloads are good via http at 200KB/s, bittorrent I don't know because I don't use it but we were being throttled before this so I doubt much has changed.

The thing that is really annoying me is my Xbox Live crapped out last night with constant connection dropping which isn't acceptable as I pay a subscription to the service so IBB breaking it on me is not acceptable at all. I'm hoping that its fixed tonight because I'm supposed to be playing friends tonight, at least last night was just me playing strangers. I'd be pissed if I organised to play with friends and couldn't because of IBB.

Yeah same here, speedtest says it's grand, little slow on the upload side of things but nothing too drastic. However, in reality even simple things such as sending work files (which are quite large, but would normally take less than 5 minutes) is proving almost impossible.

Speed starts off fine, then gradually dwindles away to nothing in the space of a few minutes. This isn't limited to certain programs/apps either. I read something in another thread about downtime yesterday - didn't have any here but it might as well be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i was thinking of ordering breeze in the coming week.. i think im gonna hold out and see what the future holds..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

I had IBB (or "I've Been Buggered" as they're known to old boards hands) for 2 years. Started off great, and at the end, I was getting 20 kbits/second up and down for a supposedly 2 Mbit synchronous service costing 49 squid a month. In over 25 attempts to get them on the phone, I never once got through to someone; my record for staying on hold was 45 minutes.

I left them in Feb 2006 and after that kind of treatment, I will never go back, and advise people to beware. I'm sure some people will have good things to say about IBB, but the only good thing I can think of is that I'm no longer with the useless shower of bollock-jugglers.

By way of contrast, my current BB provider gives me 20 Mbits down/768k up + free national phone calls, for the princely sum of 34 euro per month. Bargain! I hear you say. Alas it's ya.com in Barcelona. Plus it's a bit optimistic as it's really only 8 Mbits down. It's still odd to run an irishisptest.com test and often get 6 Mbits even though it's from Spain -- alas tonight it was only 4 Mbits -- still, mustn't complain :D

Advertisement