Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapidshare.com on NTL

Options
  • 19-09-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Are people using Rapidshare.com with NTL with no problems.?

I am a user of rapidshare.com with IBB Ripwave ,(works fine for me 90mb in 40mins) but am looking to move over to NTL. I just looking for feedback on any issues people have found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

NTL here in Dub 24.

Iv never had any trouble with Rapidshare.com on my NTL connection...

Speeds are pretty good and constant.

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Back in the days when NTL temprarily gave 10meg speeds it was with rapidshare that I saw the biggest benefit as it sent down as much as you could possibly handle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

In college, I can get close to 10MB a second on Rapidshare. :) I don't know what I'm going to do when I graduate. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

We all know that rapidshare has illegal and legal uses...much the same as bittorrent, I don't want to see anybody linking to anything they shouldn't be! :)

imho I don't believe I've ever seen any legal links to rapidshare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Thanks for the feed back folks

I may make the move to NTL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

AlmightyCushion whats the new like in sligo it. Do you know if its any good for gaming on?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

strongr wrote:
    AlmightyCushion whats the new like in sligo it. Do you know if its any good for gaming on?

Speeds are rediculously fast, I assume the pings are good as well but I'll check it out for you tomorrow. These mean it should be great for gaming but I haven't tried it, one problem I foresee though is that the college would block all the servers or as many of them as they could find.
    If they do, do this then any one you find that isn't blocked will most likely to be blocked not lon after you start using it (much like how proxies are blocked not long after people start using them).

Although I presume the college only reviews the most popular sites that are accessed from the network, so as long as a server isn't used by a buttload of pcs and a buttload of people it will probably remain unblocked.

Another thing would you be using your own computer to play the games or one of the college computers? I've found that when using my laptop I can get access to more sites (eg bebo) than on a college computer. If you use your own I'd say you should get into pretty much any server. :)

Advertisement