Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berlins Beer

• 19-09-2007 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hey there Im heading to Berlin for the weekend. Can anyone tell me whats nice to drink I like that Hoe Garden types of beer.Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

texas star wrote:
    Can anyone tell me whats nice to drink I like that Hoe Garden types of beer.Thanks in advance :)

Nice to drink? BEER of course. Any beer.*

Actually, I was in Berlin a few weeks back and I didn't find a beer I didn't like. Then again, I didn't find a sausage I didn't like. Actually, their ice-cream was lovely too. I love the Germans.

*you might get a more serious response and actual intelligent discussion over on the Food an Drink forum. We don't do serious over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

tom dunne wrote:
    We don't do serious over here.

Seriously ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Grand I shall give them all a try.I read something about raspberry in beer yukkk thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Berlin is the wrong end of the country for Weissbier - it is more of a Bavarian thing. That said, I'm sure that you will find that plenty of bars will sell it in Berlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Make sure to wash your beer down with some refreshing wild boar. Mmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Berliner Kindl is very nice (its not a weissbier though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Just moved here about 2 weeks ago
    "Berliner Kindl" is quite nice, this is more of a pilsner area so there's a few floating around most notably "Berliner Pilsner" both of which you can either get from bottle or "Vom Fass" which is draught. They do like their pilsner over here so you'll be waiting for a good 5 mins+ if you get it on draught in a german pub so they can get the head just right. They're really particular about it!
    They do sell different types for example there's another one called "Jevel" (i think thats what it's called which is more of a bitter pilsner which is one that you wouldn't mull over because once it gets in any way warm it's impossible to drink.
    They also sell Krombacher and Erdinger sometimes on tap but mostly bottles, it really depends on where you go.
    Prices vary depending on where you go, expensive areas like Ku'damn and touristy areas expect to pay about 3.50+, if you're watching any sport in any of the irish bars over here they'll charge you about that maybe even up to 4.00 depending on where.
    You can get bottles from shops for about 2.00 and in supermarkets for about 75cent.
    If you want any more info PM me

found this too, its a list of events methinks
    http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/45/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

tom dunne wrote:
    I love the Germans.

Indeedily doodily:

GERMAN_BEER_GIRLS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The one in the middle looks like she wants to spit something 'distasteful' (ahem!) back into the glass. The one on the right looks ... Oh Holy Mother of God ... * runs for box of Kleenex *

Cool_CM wrote:
    there's another one called "Jevel" (i think thats what it's called which is more of a bitter pilsner which is one that you wouldn't mull over because once it gets in any way warm it's impossible to drink.
    That'd be 'Jever'. Bloody gorgeous stuff! Got to drink it ice cold & quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Indeedily doodily:

GERMAN_BEER_GIRLS.jpg

The first one (on the left) looks like my kinda woman - none of this namby-pamby posing, no sir-eeee, she's straight into the beer for a good time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Bless those German's, they've taken a pre-emptive strike and banned Paris Hilton from Oktoberfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

check out the 'curriculum vitae' on the one on the right

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

check out the 'curriculum vitae' on the one on the right
    As I so often euphemise, wonderous qualifications.

Advertisement