Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling Station Held Up

Options
  • 19-09-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

RTE.ie wrote:
    Two held after filling station robbery
    Wednesday, 19 September 2007 10:32

Two men, one in his 20s and the other in his late teens, are being questioned by gardaí following a robbery at a filling station on the outskirts of Galway city last night.

A shop assistant received minor stabbing wounds during an altercation with the raiders.

The two men, who were overpowered by other shop assistants and gardaí, had entered the shop brandishing knives and demanding cash.
    Advertisement

They succeeded in getting a small amount of cash and were attempting to make their getaway when they were arrested.

Both are being held at Mill Street Garda Station for questioning.

The shop assistant who was injured received stab wounds to the chest and is being treated at University College Hospital.

Anyone know which one this is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

LAst I heard of a filling station being held up these bad boys were behind it.

girderLargeNOBevel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Damn fin plates and their bolts!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It was the JJ Fleming station on the Tuam Road, all the money was recovered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Sod the money, I hope the staff member is okay - no job is worth getting stabbed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

fozzle wrote:
    Sod the money, I hope the staff member is okay - no job is worth getting stabbed for.

Well maybe official taster at the Smithwicks brewery... but yeah I hope they are ok and make a full recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

One of my flatmates works in the deli counter there! He wasn't on duty at the time though.

Twas the owner was stabbed, while him and a customer were getting stuck into the two skangers. They managed to hold one of them till the cops arrived, and the other was picked up soon after. The owner lost a lot of blood and the knife missed his lung and some major artery by millimetres, but he's grand and up and about already, no long-term effects.

Fair play to the punter who helped him stand up to the scum. If there were more like him taking on the shams, they'd soon crawl back under their rocks and leave the rest of us alone.

Do your duty - kick a skanger today.

Advertisement