Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uhura cast

Options
  • 19-09-2007 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Zoe Saldana has been cast as Lt. Uhura for the new Star Trek film.

Can't say I'm all that familiar with her work, but she certainly seems to look the part.

zoe.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0757855/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Thats for the info monkeyfudge, ye i havent seen her in anything so i cant comment if she can act the part but ye ur right she does look it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

She was in Pirates of the Caribbean apparently... And she was the lead actress in that awful remake of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Is the script/plot released?

This is looking more and more like a reboot as the old character line up is coming together

The latest I heard was that it was about the Romulans traveling back in time to kill Kirk's dad and that Mr. Spock travels back in time and has to work with his younger self to stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The latest I heard was that it was about the Romulans traveling back in time to kill Kirk's dad and that Mr. Spock travels back in time and has to work with his younger self to stop them.

That sounds just terrible why cant they just make a flim about the bloody romulan/earth war thats what we all want to see and there would be plenty of pew pew action to get the normals in ;/

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote: »
    That sounds just terrible why cant they just make a flim about the bloody romulan/earth war thats what we all want to see and there would be plenty of pew pew action to get the normals in ;/

Sounds like absolute tripe if it is true.

I'm sick to death of all these "back in time" movies.
    They are all filled with so many paradoxes it hurts.

And it feels like a cheap way out

I for one look forward to seeing Spock playing Johnny B. Goode at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance in order to save Kirk´s future.

I for one look forward to seeing Spock playing Johnny B. Goode at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance in order to save Kirk´s future.

Who is going to play the Doc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Man, quote of the year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

As far as I know that is far from confirmed as the plot.

Only thing they are saying is that it will focus on the first mission of Kirk, Spock et al. It will possibly include Spock and Kirk meeting at the academy and how Kirk solved the Kobyashi Maru problem. The addition of Leonard Nimoy means one of 2 things. Either time travel of some description or flashbacks of some description.

• Advertisement
Advertisement