Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght Estate agents

Options
  • 19-09-2007 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a good agent to sell our house in the Tallaght area? All opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Castles have a Tallaght branch just in the village there and we found them very good when we sold our house in Crumlin a couple of years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Castles have a Tallaght branch just in the village there and we found them very good when we sold our house in Crumlin a couple of years back.

They have an offer of no charges unless house is sold.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Tom Maher are a very big seller around D24, but when we were buying we found them to be horrible to deal with (to the point of underhanded IMHO). Gunnes were very good to deal with and I would recommend them (in Terenure). Remax also seem to have a big presence but I have no experience of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ashie

Thanks for the input.

As far as I can tell from doing a bit of online research, the general feeling is to stay away from Castle, Tom Maher is good if you are selling a house but not if you are buying. I don't know so any more input greatly appreciated. I will also be checking out Remax, SherryFitz - anyone dealt with these in the D24 area. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

ashie wrote:
    Anyone recommend a good agent to sell our house in the Tallaght area? All opinions appreciated. Thanks.

I see that there is a new service that may suit you:

www.apti.ie

"APTI (Authenticated Property Transactions Ireland) is a new Internet based service that facilitates estate agents and auctioneers in Ireland to offer their clients a transparent property transaction with real-time information.

APTI is the modern way to buy or sell property using both the Internet and a trusted professional estate agent or auctioneer. Having no vested interest, APTI independently maintains and monitors all property transactions to ensure that certain aspects of the transaction are correct and accountable. "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have had dealings with Tom Maher himself and found him to be ignorant. I have also had dealing with Anthony of Lowe and associates in Tallaght, he was fine and did not look done his nose at me.

Hi,

Yes, I'm going to stay well clear of Tom Maher. Spoke to him and he WAS ignorant. Couldn't see myself having a good working relationship with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I dealt with Tom Maher selling our old house in Tallaght a few years back, in fairness he did a good job for us and got a very good price when we were selling (more than we expected) but from a buyers point of view (we were looking for a house post sale agreed in Tallaght) he was awful, I wouldnt like to buy from him put it that way... struck me as an out and out money man (then again, I've low expectations of estate agents ;0 )

Did hear good things about Property Partners from those that sold in the West Tallaght area and purchased in the same.

Thanks Samo. I'll check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ashie wrote: »
    Thanks for the input.

As far as I can tell from doing a bit of online research, the general feeling is to stay away from Castle, Tom Maher is good if you are selling a house but not if you are buying. I don't know so any more input greatly appreciated. I will also be checking out Remax, SherryFitz - anyone dealt with these in the D24 area. Thanks.

My sister-in-law had bad dealings with Tom Maher too. Why was 'the general feeling' to stay away from Castles?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

Have dealt with Tom Maher and have to say didn't like him one bit - when we said we were first time buyers he treated us like idiots,unfortunately we really liked the house so had to put up with him for a bit. Most estate agents are just out for their commission anyway

Advertisement