Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to Pre-order Online

• 19-09-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Can any one recommend the best place to pre-order xbox games online

Will it arrive on / close to the release date or a week after?

"The Orange Box" and "Halo 3" are the ones I am after.

Thanks in advance - Velcrow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

i presume you mean Halo 3.

online in general isn't a great place for pre-ordering. if you want something on the day your going to have to venture outdoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Thanks Antigone53,

I know "outdoors" is an option - but I just want to avoid the "Northern Rock" experience :)

Yes Halo 3 .... It would be fun to try and pre-order Halo 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

UK post is completely unreliable right now with the postal strikes, I had one package arrive after 4 days, but two others I'm waiting a month for now and still no sign of them.

Buying from Smyths (and sometimes HMV or Virgin) is nearly the same as online prices sometimes anyway, if you want something close to release date it's not worth the hassle right now to save a few euro, and wait so much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

yeah and there are no Irish companies out there that have a good online shop for games. i mostly use Asian or Canadian sites if im ordering a game, but with the knowledge that i will have to wait longer.

Halo 3 might sell out in certain retailers but not them all. go to places like Harvey Normans or DID where they sell games where people would think they wouldn't.

i think HN are selling it for 56euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Thanks - The great outdoors it is?

I know there is so much hype for Halo 3 but my bet is with Team Fortress 2 in the orange box...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Play.com, sendit.com and blahdvd.com tend to be the best and most reliable in my experience. Usually they will send the game a few days before release so you have it within a week or so of release.

Advertisement