Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Req: fix for BMW windscreen cleaner

Options
  • 19-09-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Many thanks for previous help on this forum!

Latest problem is with the screen wash (was always a bit on the 'soft' side). Now not working at all. I have cleaned the nozzle, checked the cables (under bonnet, etc) and nothing.

There is a whirring noise when I press the button which suggests the motor is OK.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Poke a pin in the holes to see if they are blocked??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Thanks but I have done this and its made no diff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Have you checked the hose coming from the tank to the nozzles, it splits from one to two somewhere and I believe that the junction can also become blocked.

Another possible cause could be a pinched hose.

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

did you let the tank run empty?
    If so its just an airlock, the same just happened mine.
    Pull the hose from the T before both nossles and let the water run through until airlock is gone.

Advertisement