Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Galaxies

Options
  • 19-09-2007 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Anyone played this? I registered back in March but didn't get round to playing it untill last week.

I'm a CL 34 Jedi, it's quite fun, I'm training as a rebel pilot to get my x-wing atm : D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is that the turnbased stratergy game?if so then yes i have it,brarely played it though must give it a proper go though,looks like a really good game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Nah, it's the MMO they're talking about. Should head over to the Massively Multiplayer forum instead, should still be a thread there about SWG { i quit a long time ago myself }

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Soe. No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I spent almost an entire year of my life playing it. It's one of my biggest regrets.
    I'll never buy or play an SOE game again.
    How sony managed to f*ck up a game of this scope with the backing of the SW franchise continues to baffle me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

That game sounded really good before they messed it up(apparently), would liked it have played it, dont think i would now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

*cough* Eve Online *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Staggeringly awful game. I played it for about twenty minutes, gave up when there was a huge queue of people lining up to talk to Han Solo to have the exact same conversation.

*cough* Eve Online *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Was once a great game, total trash now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Holsten wrote:
    Was once a great game, total trash now though.

That's the trouble though....it wasn't really a great game, it was full of the potential to be a great gamme and the beta release we all paid for was fun in places, but as time went by SOE grew even more complacent than they had been during development, broke sh*t that was working, didn't fix what was borked and threw the hologrind for jedi into the mix. Stuff like the combat revamp just made things worse, when they were supposed to fix so much.

In retrospect, the only things that made this game great was the player base and the franchise...SOE f*cked them both over and the addition of space flight (which we craved from day 0) actually made things worse.
    I had a great time for the first 6 months or so, then it became a disillusionment, playing was more like working (I was a WS) and the devs just went and made things tougher for the veteran player...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

SOE have a nack for having a great game at the start of its life, then over time slowly, but surely kills it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Used to be an absolutely fantastic game, really great atmosphere!
    Honestly, myself and a few friends played it religiously, there was room for everyone - if you just wanted to run around killing ****, you could do that. Personally, I was more interested in building up a fortune and running a rife store :)

One of my mates spent 7 months playing the game nonstop, and finally unlocked the force sensitive character. It was something very very rare to see a Jedi back that early in the game.

Then, SOE decided they wanted to make it completely cliche - removed all the non-killing**** classes, made Jedi a starting class etc. Now the game is literally deserted - and every character you see is a Jedi.

There used to be a musician skill too - those hologram bands you see in all the cantina's now used to be a bunch of buskers playing with eachother and making a few bob. It'd actually be rare to see less than 10 people in a cantina back in the game's youth.

Its a damn shame,the game was really fun at one point. Complete and utter thrash now. Doesnt offer anything you cant find elsewhere, for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Have to admit the idea of the Jedi class being super rare and hard to attain was a fab idea on paper (bear in mind I never played the game). Then when I read they made it a class for all ppl I thought that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard of.

Advertisement