Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web shop name

Options
  • 19-09-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi All

Not sure if this is the correct forum.

I am going to setup a web shop and I am looking for some advice re the name of te shop.

It will be a sub domain of an existing domain name i.e shop.domainname.ie

My question is should I call it www.shop.domainname.ie or just shop.domainname.ie ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Paddyo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

why not have both ? :)

personally I'd go with shop.....

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Paddyo

Thanks for the reply forbairt

Aked about both - we are not hosting the site - we sould need two ssl certs and I have been informed would probably need two ip addresses , one for each. Basically I have been told no.

Paddyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

If I had to choose, I'd go with shop.domain.ie.

Some people still insist on typing www. before every address e.g. www.mail.yahoo.com which kind of defeats the purpose but anyway, I'd say those uns are the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

but when www.shop.domainname.ie throws up an error it looks kinda ppor ... similar to going to domainname.ie and it not working cus you have to put in www.domainname.ie ... its a simple enough thing to have it redirect to shop.domain.ie anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The simplest solution is to setup the SSL for shop.domain.tld and create an A record for the "www". Then you simply redirect all traffic from "www" to shop.domain.tld

Problem solved and zero errors :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement