Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N70

• 19-09-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I noticed today that Vodafone currently have the N70 on sale for €139(online) for pre-pay... This a good offer? Is it a good phone?

I'm sick of my phone, it's a nokia 6103 which isn't very flashy or anything...

Is this N70 worth €139? Also, would I notice a significant increase in credit having to be bought with switching from meteor to vodafone?

I'm only musing about this at the moment, but would appreciate some input...

Cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

It's a good phone, i am using it at the moment:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm thinking for the price I can't go wrong...

I think i will buy it :)

*looks for wallet*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i recommend you buy it and get it unlocked. you will notice an increase in spend on vodafone. this guy will do it for 25 if you say you're a boards member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

does the n70 have wifi ?

or is that the n73 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

jimmychin wrote:
    does the n70 have wifi ?

or is that the n73 ?

Neither :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

had nothing but problems with n70. crappy software tbh.

very slow to do anything and i have my third replacement from vodafone sitting in my desk and im back on a 6230i

not worth 139euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

dulpit wrote:
    Hey, I noticed today that Vodafone currently have the N70 on sale for €139(online) for pre-pay... This a good offer? Is it a good phone?

I'm sick of my phone, it's a nokia 6103 which isn't very flashy or anything...

Is this N70 worth €139? Also, would I notice a significant increase in credit having to be bought with switching from meteor to vodafone?

I'm only musing about this at the moment, but would appreciate some input...

Cheers...

I posted the very same question here around this time last year chief !

Despite 50-50 comments I went ahead and bought it.....MISTAKE! Can't wait till the years anniversary comes up so I can upgrade to something else !

* Too bulky
    * Frequently decides to switch itself off and come back on of its own accord.
    * Despite a 64mb memory card the camera still struggles to store a 3mb file. I used it at a concert last year and filmed a small clip that nearly destroyed the phone as everytime I tried to open it the phone froze up.
    * Most annoying of all its VERY slow...struggling to open texts at the moment which is very annoying !!

I've always had Nokia's but this is the worst one to date, Id actually go for the 6300 and not worry about the 3G crap tbh.

Cant wait to get rid !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You got a dodgy handset but one faulty handset does not mean that every N70 ever made is faulty. I'm posting this from the N70 i've been using for the past year and i've found it to be a great phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

You got a dodgy handset but one faulty handset does not mean that every N70 ever made is faulty. I'm posting this from the N70 i've been using for the past year and i've found it to be a great phone

So I bought it today, it looks lovely but unfortunately the girl inside in Vodafone store never ported my meteor number over to the new sim, so i can't use it yet... I'll get that fixed tomorrow and let ye know...

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

When i try to access boards.ie on the N70 it tells me i have to go to a vodafone agent to verify im over 18,what a joke:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement