Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Payment Service

Options
  • 19-09-2007 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if someone could recommend the best on-line service to accept payments?

I am creating a site that users will have to register to use for four months and would like to outsource the payments application. I was wondering if someone could recommend a good company that don't take too much commission to do this?

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

It depends how many customers are paying via the site. PayPal is good to start with when you're a startup business accepting payments online but if you are processing a large number of payments you may be best looking at a more professional option.

Popular payment solutions: PayPal, 2Checkout, Realex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

WorldPay is worth considering also.

From 1st hand experience, using only PayPal will turn some customers away - although, not having it as an option would be a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

This is a couple of years old, but most of it is probably still valid:
    http://www.mneylon.com/blog/archives/2005/12/19/e-commerce-cheat-sheet-part-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Lads,
    Trying to sort out the Paypal version of Payment and it's not as easy as I thought, what I hoped for is 1 Register Details Page, 2 Payment, 3 confirmation? All the paypal one seems to do is give me a button that allows payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Paypal has a full API
    Without knowing what you are trying to do it's impossible to help you

• Advertisement
Advertisement