Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about international students and part time courses

Options
  • 19-09-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,
    do you know how the application for international students works? I'm going to move to Dublin in January and I'm interested in a few of part-time courses of DIT. Must I obtain a particular certificate of English (TOEFL, FIRST, ecc)?
    I tried to ask to a couple of office by email, but I don't receive an answer yet....

thank you!
    Roberto

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

robydrupo wrote:
    Hi,
    do you know how the application for international students works? I'm going to move to Dublin in January and I'm interested in a few of part-time courses of DIT. Must I obtain a particular certificate of English (TOEFL, FIRST, ecc)?
    I tried to ask to a couple of office by email, but I don't receive an answer yet....

thank you!
    Roberto

You will need something like the TOEFL or similar at the same level as a grade D3 or higher in Ordinary level English for leaving cert to pass the english competency test.
    I am pretty sure a TOEFL will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The requirements for part time programmes are a lot looser than for full time programmes. I would say that as long as you pass the requirements for the particular course then thats all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

BC wrote:
    The requirements for part time programmes are a lot looser than for full time programmes. I would say that as long as you pass the requirements for the particular course then thats all you need.

part-time courses also accept relevant work experience if your education level isn't up to what the course requires. if your work experience is relevant enough they may even grant you admission via advanced entry (skip first or second year)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 robydrupo

part-time courses also accept relevant work experience if your education level isn't up to what the course requires. if your work experience is relevant enough they may even grant you admission via advanced entry (skip first or second year)

Very good! I've 4 years of experience in programming and actually I'm a student of Computer Science at the University of Turin....maybe I can keep some exams that I've passed!
    Unfortunately nobody of the DIT anwsered me to my emails!

Thanks!

Roberto

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

robydrupo wrote:
    Very good! I've 4 years of experience in programming and actually I'm a student of Computer Science at the University of Turin....maybe I can keep some exams that I've passed!
    Unfortunately nobody of the DIT anwsered me to my emails!

Thanks!

Roberto

email the person who is running the course directly rather then admissions etc. they'll be more helpful and possibly even get you into the course faster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 robydrupo

email the person who is running the course directly rather then admissions etc. they'll be more helpful and possibly even get you into the course faster

Thanks projectmayhem, I wrote to that person and he answered me to all my questions!
    Thank you very much!

Roberto

Advertisement