Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I cancel my 3 contract

• 19-09-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

I joined 3 Ireland four months ago as texting my mates was costing me loads on meteor(none of them were on meteor). I signed up for the €19/month tarrif and 200 messages online. Now all of my friends have moved to meteor so I want to move back so i can use the free texts and save myself some cash. Question is how can I go about canceling my 3 contract without having to pay the remaining 8 months tarriff?
    I read online that you legally drop a contract if prices change...Does this only apply if prices go up? As in 3 introduced 'new' roaming rates at the start of the month, could i use this 'change' as my reason for dropping the contract? I know I would look a bit of a fool for cancelling due to lower prices but if it means I can text friends for free then I don't care.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Of course you can't cancel your contract. They are providing you with the service you are paying for, and they have LOWERED their prices, so you have no right whatsoever to cancel your contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I joined 3 Ireland four months ago as texting my mates was costing me loads on meteor(none of them were on meteor). I signed up for the €19/month tarrif and 200 messages online. Now all of my friends have moved to meteor so I want to move back so i can use the free texts and save myself some cash. Question is how can I go about canceling my 3 contract without having to pay the remaining 8 months tarriff?
    I read online that you legally drop a contract if prices change...Does this only apply if prices go up? As in 3 introduced 'new' roaming rates at the start of the month, could i use this 'change' as my reason for dropping the contract? I know I would look a bit of a fool for cancelling due to lower prices but if it means I can text friends for free then I don't care.

There are clauses in contracts that you may terminate without penalty if you can prove that changes to the contract as in someway disadvantageous to you. A reduction in roaming rates would not qualify for this me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Why is it that Irish people seem to completely misunderstand what a contract is in it's simplist form?

Advertisement