Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love you boards.ie!!! (Woot! 20k posts!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I always thought he was a sick bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

If every post you made took one minute (which is VERY VERY VERY unlikely), you have 'wasted' 333.33 hours of your life. chances are, you've wasted more like 1000 hours, if not a hell of a lot more given some of your posts. God knows how long you have spent in between posts and lurking. Well done Karl. I hope you're proud. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Myth wrote:
    Same. Figured Feedback would be the best bet.

the-iraq-2.jpg

she is fit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ken,
    Shouldn't you be hanging your head in shame for wasting so much time on boards?
    <_<
    >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Not too long before you hit the magic number 'ruthie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I remember when victor reached the 20k mark. One day I'll get all my accounts merged, then we'll see who has the highest post count... it will still be victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

pid() wrote:
    If every post you made took one minute (which is VERY VERY VERY unlikely), you have 'wasted' 333.33 hours of your life. chances are, you've wasted more like 1000 hours, if not a hell of a lot more given some of your posts. God knows how long you have spent in between posts and lurking. Well done Karl. I hope you're proud. :p
    I think I did the sums before when I hit 10k.

Imagine that a post takes on average 3 minutes, and each post equates to 10 minutes of lurking.

So the total of 20,000 posts works out at 260,000 minutes in total. Or 4,333 hours.

Now imagine that you only post from work, and you work 8 hours a day. That's 541.625 working days spent posting on boards. Now, most people work (365-104-21-12) = 229 days in a given year. Which means that if KH has been working since he joined in Feb 01, then he has spent 2.37 of his past 6.66 working years on boards. In real terms, this means that Karl spends 35% of his working day doing nothing but surfing boards.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thanks for the guilt trip there seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

seamus wrote:
    I think I did the sums before when I hit 10k.

Imagine that a post takes on average 3 minutes, and each post equates to 10 minutes of lurking.

So the total of 20,000 posts works out at 260,000 minutes in total. Or 4,333 hours.

Now imagine that you only post from work, and you work 8 hours a day. That's 541.625 working days spent posting on boards. Now, most people work (365-104-21-12) = 229 days in a given year. Which means that if KH has been working since he joined in Feb 01, then he has spent 2.37 of his past 6.66 working years on boards. In real terms, this means that Karl spends 35% of his working day doing nothing but surfing boards.
    Seamus, you have wayyyy too much time on your hands. Do some work.

smashey wrote:
    Seamus, you have wayyyy too much time on your hands. Do some work.
    I'm still having my morning coffee. No work before morning coffee...

• Advertisement

And I'm on my third cup of tea while I contemplate work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hope it's good coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

cheezburgr-lol-23-pts-i-winz.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Posting to see if over 20k.

edit: ooooh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Holy spamming catfish batman, and I'm the one who got an award for spamming!

*edit, dear jebus that was 5 years ago! :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

azezil wrote:
    I'm the one who got an award for spamming!

Yeah, and I suspect shenannigans! I'm onto your plot, Az. squint.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Posting to see if over 20k.

edit: ooooh yeah
    I noticed when you hit 20,000. I had a look to see what your 20,000th post was and it was a lame one in poker.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing I ever post about poker is lame. Hmmf!

People usually send me PMs to inform me when i have hit the next thousand.

Yeah, we have a countdown thread in the Tar.Aldarion Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Nothing I ever post about poker is lame. Hmmf!

Thats a bit weird. What ever happen to good old fashioned abuse.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, I can not access whatever forum that is.
    ¬_¬

They keep the abuse to threads, just where I like it.

I didn't realise there were so many 20k'ers. I'm off the top five.

I'm so happy *sniff*

Ah, the top stats (and new forums links) have been updated. I think yesterday they were still stuck in what they were a few weeks/months ago.
    Unfortunately, I can not access whatever forum that is.

PM seamus for access.

Oi Seamus, gimme access to the spam/lesbian/engineer forum or whatever it is! :-)
    Although you do not mod it. Oh the intrigue

Oi Seamus, gimme access to the spam/lesbian/engineer forum or whatever it is! :-)
    Although you do not mod it. Oh the intrigue

Bah, you're stopping other people from feeling like idiots.

I thought I did the opposite.

Myth wrote:
    Yeah, we have a countdown thread in the Tar.Aldarion Forum.
    I have access. w00t. :p

I have no idea what forum that is, as I don't have access. But I can find out....

"Cob Tossers".

Interesting forum name.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    I have no idea what forum that is, as I don't have access. But I can find out....
    Here's a clue. It's a sub-forum.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement