Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's my colour code?

Options
  • 19-09-2007 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

You should find this on either the door jam or under the bonnet?

I'd get the exact match as there's nothing worse than a two-toned similar colour car.

BTW Anyone notice Audi's silver is the biggest offender when it comes to panel matching? If you check the colour of the plastic bumper to the metal car body. Some serious colour mis-match there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

NOW, would be a good time to change the colour ;). Have a looky here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

Peugeot usually has three letters for their paint codes.

However, there can be several shades of that particular colour in which case you will need to match it at the paint shop by taking along the petrol flap aswell as the code. :D

...this way the correct paint will be made up for you:) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jayok wrote:

BTW Anyone notice Audi's silver is the biggest offender when it comes to panel matching? If you check the colour of the plastic bumper to the metal car body. Some serious colour mis-match there!

I think the reason it looks off is because the bumper and body panels are so flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

NiSmO wrote:

Why not just buy it in your local Pug dealer? Halfords is best avoided unless you are looking for lexus lights or universal fit alloys.

maidhc wrote:
    Why not just buy it in your local Pug dealer? Halfords is best avoided unless you are looking for lexus lights or universal fit alloys.
    Would have to disagree there, they do very good 3 bottle touch up kits, that include primer, paint and lacquer, and also have pen nibs and brush in the same bottle - better than the Peugeot ones.

• Advertisement

I remember getting peugeot branded paint with a 307 I traded in last year.
    It seemed to be made by the same company that does the Toyota touch ups as it had the same type of brush with a little wire brush built into the top.
    Try another dealer.
    4254_1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Sahara Yellow is Peugeot's official name.

Not listed on Glasurit & PPG's site is down

Not shown here either as its a U.S. site but 3 letter codes seem to be Peugeot's codes.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/choosecolor.aspx?year=2003&make=Peugeot&model=All+Models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭folkswagen

you can get it at a motor factors/paint shop and then Halfords will put it in a spraycan - this is what a lot of DIY folk do:) You will need to get the code and get the correct shade mixed up first;) ..I suppose...find the code!:D

Halfords will mix and put it in a can anyway, no need to go to motor factors before-hand.

Advertisement