Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£50,000 PES2008 Tournament

Options
  • 19-09-2007 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Though some of you guys might wanna know about a tournament play.com are holding the winner gets £50,000.00 :eek: only catch is you have to purchase the game from there site online.

Damn it would be nice to win that.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have it already ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Wooo! Count me in!

BTW I'm detecting some sarcasm from you kensutz...

What the hell are you on about? I have it on pre-order from Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

not every day that you order a game from europe lol..(joke) anyway this game looks class, but i think i will get fifa and more than likely get pro evo after that...the new fifa 08 is very impressive, lets hope pro evo can beat it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Couldnt see mention of the tourney on play site :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

NM, see it now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

not every day that you order a game from europe lol..(joke) anyway this game looks class, but i think i will get fifa and more than likely get pro evo after that...the new fifa 08 is very impressive, lets hope pro evo can beat it..

PES2008 will be a lot better than Fifa '08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Nailz wrote:
    Wooo! Count me in!

BTW I'm detecting some sarcasm from you kensutz...

I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Mossy Monk wrote:
    I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

Yeh I agree, there wasnt anything about that post that could possibly have been taken up as sarcasm :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pesireland=lpoolfan who was banned after being a spa towards kensutz.

pesireland has been warned about pimping his website in every bleedin post, kensutz doesnt like that so there really is no sarcasm just a bad attempt at trolling.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

KdjaCL wrote:
    pesireland=lpoolfan who was banned after being a spa towards kensutz.

pesireland has been warned about pimping his website in every bleedin post, kensutz doesnt like that so there really is no sarcasm just a bad attempt at trolling.

kdjac

thats a bit harsh eh:(

You could say the truth hurts and Nailz seems to be your little compatriot.

whatever :)

kensutz wrote:
    :( I'm nutural, I an only trying to stop you two for fighting like fúck and messing up this forum.... again. If you started a tread and pesireland (lpoolfan) did the same I'd do the same thing to him! And your right fella's, it wasn't sarcasm.... it was trolling like KdjaCL said. So kensutz I thought you copped on but apparently you haven't.:rolleyes:

Probably easier to mind your own ****ing business Nailz.

That would have been an okay monarch if you didn't say "****ing", you see one word can change the way a sentence comes across. If you said it without it, okay... fight away to your hearts content. With it, I'm pretty damn insulted. Like what can "my ****ing business" be doing, could it be ****ing, maybe??? Well what could it be ****ing??? Yore Ma, possibly? Or are you not a regular to After Hours...

Don't worry I'll bite my lip and not lower myself to your level of stupidity.

Tell me how I'm stupid and prove it.... I did nothing to deserve to be insulted by you, as I did not do that until I was tryed upon. But you right, I should mind my own business. I wouldn't be in this mess if I did, BTW don't use that as an example. :D Haha! I should play you on Live sometime.

Don't worry I'll never consider adding you to play a match against you.

• Advertisement

He posted 4 minutes after me, where is it?

just thinking a bit about this event, how are play gonna do this?? sorry if it has been posted before but people will be buying different formats of the game (ive ordered a PS3 version) but will play match off people that order PS3 into 1 group, Xbox360 into another group and PS2, PSP, GBA, DS into all seprate groups and then the winners of each section go and play a final offline??? with the format to be decided??

its the only way i can think they can do it.

what u guys think???

Not hard to figure:
    # How do I take part?
    Buy a copy of PES2008 for PC, PS2, PS3 or Xbox 360 from Play.com. We’ll be e-mailing full entry details in November 2007.
    # Can I take part if I buy PES 2008 for DS or PSP instead of the formats listed?
    No, unfortunately due to the online restrictions of the platforms DS & PSP players cannot participate in this tournament.
    # How does this event work?
    Each player will be assigned in a league of approximately 20 players who purchased PES2008 on the same format.
    # When are these games played?
    The games for your league must be played between 1st December 2007 and the 27th February 2008. It is up to you and your opponents to arrange an exact date and time.
    # How do I know which league I am in?
    You will be emailed your league name and a link to the event.
    # How do I record my scores?
    You will need to input your results into the results function of www.pesrankings.com.
    # How do I play my matches?
    Please refer to your game manual (supplied with you PES2008 game) for how to play online. You can contact your opponents for their gamer tags etc via the IM system on www.pesrankings.com.
    # What are the tie breakers?
    If 2 or more players are tied on points (3 for a win, 1 for a draw 0 and for a loss) then Goal Difference is used. The more positive the difference the stronger it is. If the Goal Difference is tied then Goals For is looked at (the higher the better), if that is tied then Goals Lost (the lower the better). Then finally the head to head score is looked at.
    # How do the knockout stages work?
    The top 2 players from each group will go through to the knockout stages. These will run the same as the league stage, except they are single elimination.
    # When do I play the knockout stages?
    All games will be played in March 2008.
    # Is the knockout stage all online?
    No, there is an exclusive finals event for the top 32 players where they will play against each other on a format to be confirmed.
    # What are the game settings for the event?

• Club teams only.

• Ten minute games for the group stage.

• Ten minute games for the knockout stage.

• Extra time from the knockout stage.

• Penalties from the knockout stage.

• Fine, Summer, Daytime settings.

• Random stadium setting selected.

• Player ratings on normal (green arrow).

• Injuries on.

• Three substitutes maximum.

(PLAY.COM & PESRankings reserve the right to change settings. )

nice find kensutz, clears up alot :)

Its so good we can all get along with each other! *puts arms round each other walks off in a smile* :D

Advertisement