Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing radiator

Options
  • 19-09-2007 6:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi,

was wondering how I would go about removing a radiator? I've shut down the water supply to both ends of it, but don't want a rad's worth of water all over my floor when I disconnect it. What's the usual way to collect the water?

thanks,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Loosen the valve nut at one side, open the vent (where you bleed the rad) put a dish under the loosened nut and slowly open to collect the water inside the vent should regulate the flow, Have two dishes bucket and dust sheet this should stop the floor being destroyed with rad sludge
    :D Have fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Musha wrote:
    Loosen the valve nut at one side, open the vent (where you bleed the rad) put a dish under the loosened nut and slowly open to collect the water inside the vent should regulate the flow, Have two dishes bucket and dust sheet this should stop the floor being destroyed with rad sludge
    :D Have fun

If u have a plastic water bottle or a plastic tub u can cut it to fit in under/around the nut u will be loosening:

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Nice pictures of the method described above here

Advertisement