Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband in Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 19-09-2007 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

My parents are suffering at the hands of Eircom's shoddy lines and as a result their DSL router cannot handle the variances in line quality. Thus there service is more frequently down than up.

I would like to move my parents onto Digital Cable, plus broadband from NTL however I don't want to make an already bad situation worse. Any opinions on whether this a good move or not ?

How about the wireless carriers? Any good ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Quality of Wireless depends who you get it from and how much you pay. Varies from worse than dialup to better than ADSL depending on vendor, technology (some offer varied technologies) and package.

NTL (actually UPC) varies tremenously depending on where you are. They are upgrading a lot of cable and network.

Mobile Wireless is a different animal again from Fixed Wireless.

Advertisement