Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] Creative Zen Vision M 60gb/30gb

• 19-09-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anybody has saw either the 60gb(preferably) or 30gb available for a cheapo price. It's €260 for the 60gb on Pixmania and thats the best price ive seen so far. Also saw the refurb offers but I dont want a refurb! Similarly has anybody seen them for sale in all their wonderful colours, blue, green etc.... I likey blue!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its been discontinued and if you find any they will only be in black.
    Its been replaced with the smaller size and capacity flash based ZEN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Why would they discontinue the Zen Vision:M when the new flash based player only has 16gb max. Makes no sense. Zen vision:W would be a little chunky for me so there'd be no 30+gb creative mp3 player I'd currently be interested in.

Sure grab the zen vision M while you can, probably on the cheap if they're being discontinued. Nice player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

According to one of the posters here who works in retail, the reliabaility of the Vision M has a headache for Creative especially the HDD.
    Its the main reason for Creative phasing out the HDD based models, same for Apple, only 1 non flash based player left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

so is it a yay or nay for the creative? i might get it from pixmania on the cheap, but then will there be any decent mp3 players out for xmas. I was looking at the 80gb iPod which is a similar price but that cant play video, only mpegs right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Don't get an ipod if you want to play videos. You'll spend most of your time converting things into mp4. I have a zen vision m and it's always worked perfectly and I love it. Have the old 60gb model which is a little on the big side (the one you'd be buying would be slimmer). Probably won't trade up until flash players come in 60gb or so.

• Advertisement

oh and thanks for your replies guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Theyre going for on ebay 230 plus 30 shipping from Singapore, does the pixmania price include shipping?

nm wrote:
    Theyre going for on ebay 230 plus 30 shipping from Singapore, does the pixmania price include shipping?

it does yeah, its like 251 for the mp3 player and 12 or 13 euro for shipping so works out the same. plus you might pay vat on the singapore price!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

In case you are still in doubt, great player. I have the 30gb white one, got it for 150, it's excellent.

Advertisement