Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sega Rally Demo

• 19-09-2007 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Has anybody else downloaded this.

I played it for a half an hour last night.

Had a bit of fun with it but I really didn't see anything that would make me want to buy it.

I did love the deforming terrain but it just didn't look at pretty as I expected.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Wasn't too impressed with it either. The chase cam is crap but the bumper view is much better. I'm sure fans of the series will love it but it just seemed a bit last gen to me. I might pick it up cheap next year though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It got 9/10 on eurogamer. I think I'll be picking it up. The pokemon with cars games (forza, gran turismo etc.) really bore me since the game is never about racing. I much prefer arcade racers were there are only a few tracks and cars but the aim of the game is to learn each track and car perfectly over a long amount of time. Also winning isn't just about building a better car but actually out driving the opposition. The last two racers I actually enjoyed were F-zero and Outrun 2, both Sega arcade racers and I spent a fortune on the original Sega Rally and Daytona USA. It seems to be getting very positive reviews across the board at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Forza 2 is not about racing? Mmm Id have to disagree Ive had some great races on difficult and online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

I liked the demo and think I'll pick it up. I like Forza 2 as well but I always feel I need to be investing time in Forza to get the most out of it where with Rally Revo has that pick up and play factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Very arcade like, graphics don't have a patch on Colin McRae (RIP) DiRT tho. I'd say its good to just pick up and play tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Liked it. Good arcade racer. I'd pick it up 2nd hand but thats more down to my interest in racing games than anything else. Last one I got into was F-Zero G-X and a bit of Burnout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Tried the demo and quite liked it. As a big Sega fan I'll be picking it up. Not a huge fan of racers but you have to have at least one in your collection;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Tried it. Underwhelmed first off, will prob get it but only after i've played Dirt and Test Drive Unlimited to death as i don't want too many racing games at the same time. I'd make an exception for Burnout: Paradise though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I really didnt like this all , felt like trying to drive a shopping trolley powered by a rocket on an ice rink... I know its an arcade racer etc but anyone who like their sims will probably hate this.... did remind me of all those wasted 20 pence pieces down the Dundrum Bowl back in the day though hehheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Trev M wrote:
    I really didnt like this all , felt like trying to drive a shopping trolley powered by a rocket on an ice rink...
    my thoughts exactly! (well... almost exactly:p )
    I eagerly sat and watched the download bar reach 100% for this one, but when I fired it up I had to quit before the first lap was over.
    It's like they took the wanky shopping trolley controls from Dirt and multiplied the unrealistic pivoting by 10. I loved Sega Rally back in the day, but this just didn't do anything for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find the arcadey controls are a lot more fun than in any simulation game. If I wanted a realistic driving experience I'd take my clio out the front for a run around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I find the arcadey controls are a lot more fun than in any simulation game. If I wanted a realistic driving experience I'd take my clio out the front for a run around.
    I know what you mean, why play Forza when I can take my race tuned Ferrari out on my track :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ah it was fun :) just like the old Sega Rally games.

Defo gonna get it.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I know what you mean, why play Forza when I can take my race tuned Ferrari out on my track :rolleyes:

Even racing a tuned Ferrari with realistic handling is pedestrian for me compared to the craziness of the Sega Rally games, F-zero or Ridge Racer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh god its sooooo arcade a bit of fun maybe but don't think I'll splash th cash for it, if people here thought Dirt was an arcade I'd hate to hear what they say about this!

Advertisement