Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting stuff...

Options
  • 19-09-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Am going to fit a Sony HCB 300 Bluetooth car kit at the weekend & can't find the access from the engine bay to the dash for wiring - do I just power it from the power cables at the back of the head unit?

Also the central locking is on the blink. I can lock the whole car with the key on the driver side; I can lock the passenger door with the key on the passenger side. The alarm fob will activate the alarm but does not lock the car.

Any thoughts? It's a '00 Focus with 6000RDS stereo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just power it from the stereo wiring, it takes very little to power a bluetooth kit and all the wires you need to work the kit (permanent and ignition live and radio mute) go to the stereo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks, thats what I thought.

Any ideas on the central locking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Bluefoam wrote:

Any ideas on the central locking?

I take it that the alarm fob used to lock/unlock the car? Have you had a flat battery lately? What you describe sounds like the cars central locking is fine but the alarm is not activating the c/l. Is the alarm an after market job?

Central locking not my forté I'm afraid
    I'm presuming there's a problem with the alarm. I don't think the passenger door is supposed to lock all the others when it's turned, so I'd say the alarm isn't sending a pulse to the central locking.

Yeh, its a cobra alarm. but its been disabled for about six months as I broke the fob - tried it again today and its still the same - spoke to the distributor of the alarms and he said that there may be a switch in the door which is not sending the correct signals to the central locking. Sometimes when I am driving the locks will activate of their own accord...

Sounds like I'll have to bring it to a dealer...

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote:
    Central locking not my forté I'm afraid
    I'm presuming there's a problem with the alarm. I don't think the passenger door is supposed to lock all the others when it's turned, so I'd say the alarm isn't sending a pulse to the central locking.

Sometimes the passenger door will lock all other doors too, but only when it wants to.

That'd be an intermittent wiring fault. there it is. Problem solved!
    ;)

I'd suspect the alarm, or more likely the way it was fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The only way to sort it for sure is to remove the alarm from the car. If the problem persists then it has to be the car's c/l system.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Before taking it to a dealer just check that there isn't a problem with the interior door handle. Sounds very similar to a problem I had with an old Orion - could lock all the doors from the passenger side OK but when done from the driver's side or alarm the doors would lock then open again.

While driving the doors would randomly lock then unlock. Just put it down to the car being possesed for a while until I finally noticed that the interior passenger door handle was sticking halfway and as both front doors activated the central locking it couldn't decided if it was locked or not.

Bit of WD40 sorted the sticking handle and solved the problem. From what I remember the Focus has the same mechanism of pushing the handle in to lock the doors.

R.O.R wrote:
    Before taking it to a dealer just check that there isn't a problem with the interior door handle. Sounds very similar to a problem I had with an old Orion - could lock all the doors from the passenger side OK but when done from the driver's side or alarm the doors would lock then open again.

While driving the doors would randomly lock then unlock. Just put it down to the car being possesed for a while until I finally noticed that the interior passenger door handle was sticking halfway and as both front doors activated the central locking it couldn't decided if it was locked or not.

Bit of WD40 sorted the sticking handle and solved the problem. From what I remember the Focus has the same mechanism of pushing the handle in to lock the doors.

Genius. A quick squirt and all is working well again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Bluefoam wrote:
    Genius. A quick squirt and all is working well again!

Glad to be of service ;)

Advertisement