Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

God sued over pestilence and terror

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

I have the feeling that Muslims find it a lot harder to convert than Catholics do. In many Islamic countries its quite dangerous to denounce Islam, I don't think the same can be said for predominantly Christian societies. Having said that, i'm not sure Iraq is a great example because I think they're secular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

indough wrote:
    I have the feeling that Muslims find it a lot harder to convert than Catholics do. In many Islamic countries its quite dangerous to denounce Islam, I don't think the same can be said for predominantly Christian societies. Having said that, i'm not sure Iraq is a great example because I think they're secular.
    I'm not sure they find it harder to convert. More likely that they find it harder to express their denial of faith, for fear of beheading!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Perhaps. Their faith does seem a whole lot more real and heartfelt in general though. I've never met a former Muslim, but plenty of former Catholics/Christians, and I haven't always lived in predominantly Christian countries.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Winters wrote:
    You can't sue someone who does not exist.

*sigh*

I agree, but your still opening a can of worms :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

At the risk of getting back on-topic, has anybody actually read the op's post?
    Chambers told local media he filed the suit to make a point about frivolous lawsuits frequently seen in US courts, citing a recent one against a judge.

He's just protesting at the stupidity of some of the lawsuits that are entertained in the US e.g. lawsuits being issued against McDonalds for making people obese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

Terry wrote:
    I love the alliteration (or is it assonance? I can never remember which is which).

I think I've seen tihs somewhere before too, or something similar.

I think it's arseonance.

In any case, it's all coming to a head now. Condolezza Rice has proclaimed the CIA have proof God has WMD's. Something about the bible, or sumfin, she was on about.

Wez

Advertisement