Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety goggles

Options
  • 19-09-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,does anyone know of safety goggles that don't steam up.

I have to get a good pair ,that are safe to use:(
    Anyone any experience with them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

What will you be using them for that they could steam up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Kango ,sabre saw ,cutting steel pipe ,chasing walls.

I can only wear them for a couple of minutes ,before I can't see through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Try spraying them with Bob Heaths Visor Anti Fog spray, buy it in a motorcycle shop, or use something that delivers a constant flow of air like a Trend Airshield but they cost a few bob

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

BOLLE are a make of safety glasses that have a coating to help prevent steaming. You should be able to get them in most trade outlets ie. builders merchants/engineering shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks for the replies ,I'll try both the spray and the goggles.
    I'm sick of going to the eye and ear.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Smear them with washing up liquid. Wipe off the excess with a tissue leaving a very thin film. Works with glasses as I well. I have to use glasses under goggles and this works a treat.

Advertisement