Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stereo Code for Renault

Options
  • 19-09-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Recently bought a Renault Kangoo 00 tried to change the stereo but the new one didnt have the correct adapters so I put the old one back in for the time being. However straight after I put it in its looking for a code, I dont have it as I bought it second hand and have no manual. Anyone out there have a kangoo that they could check in their manual for the code?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the code is different for every unit, I think it's available from your Renault dealer.

it's input by repeatedly pressing the 1 button till the correct first number comes up on the screen, then by repeatedly pressing the 2 button etc (that's how I remember it anyway, it's been 7 years!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

You reckon if I just change the stereo the code entry will disappear?

the code is on the stereo unit, if you remove the stereo, you remove the need for a code.
    It asks for a code when the stereo is disconnected from the power. i.e when someone steals it.

ah cool, just asking cause nothing comes up on the display except the code entry. no clock no nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As colm said, a Renault dealer will get this for you. Your best bet is the original supplying dealer.
    colm_mcm wrote:
    the code is on the stereo unit, if you remove the stereo, you remove the need for a code.

I don't quite get what you mean - but that's probably because I'm thick.............. :D

• Advertisement

the OP is replacing the original Renault radio. if an aftermarket unit is fitted, then the clock display on top of the dash goes back to normal instead of looking for a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

colm_mcm wrote:
    the OP is replacing the original Renault radio. if an aftermarket unit is fitted, then the clock display on top of the dash goes back to normal instead of looking for a code.

Yes, yes - of course. I assumed that the OP was replacing the original HU with a 'like for like'.

sucky non auto-reversre cassette deck deserves to be ditched ! only thing going for it is the remote control on the wheel.

Yeah the remote is handy, I wonder if theres a way of wiring it up to a new system? doubtful I reckon.

blaupunkt do compatible headunits if I remember correctly

there is also a chance that a Megane or Laguna CD stereo from the same vintage would slot in.

• Advertisement

I need something with an Aux in preferably

that rules them out then!

Ah I dont mind loosing the remote, just be nice you know?

what is your main reason for replacing the stereo. is it just for the aux. in?

This is a band-mobile so theres going to be a decent amount of travelling done in it, a good stereo is a must. CD player and Aux in are the only pre req's

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Ceb

there is an adaptor available to keep the steering wheel remote functional on pretty much any after market stereo, costs about fifty beans available from halfords or any auto factors

Advertisement