Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams.

Options
  • 19-09-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Bit early I suppose, but here goes...
    What is the deal with Winter and summer exams/repeats etc in first year?

Also, a rumor "Someone" told me that you only really need to keep passing subjects to progress each year, and that striving for high marks is only really necessary in the final year.
    I thought they take an average+weightings of your course credits over 4 years?
    What is the point of the above if someone wants to to better than scraping a pass degree in the end:confused:

I want to get the most out of my course so would I be wise to start studying now?, I can't seem to believe people when they say first year is passable with x days of study etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Pay attention in class. Attend class. Do the work, and study something untill you understand it if you don't understand it. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Binomate wrote:
    Pay attention in class. Attend class. Do the work, and study something untill you understand it if you don't understand it. That is all.

So I can't smoke weed consistently outside the Annex building all day;)
    Nah maybe not, your advice is pretty sound I guess.

*i dont smoke btw*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Most courses are all about the final year as far as degrees go, though I think maybe in some engineering courses they take into account a 3rd year project, though maybe I'm wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You did the easy course anyway so you've nothing to worry about. :)

orla wrote:
    You did the easy course anyway so you've nothing to worry about. :)

Back to slacking off so :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no need to start studying now.

as binomate said attending classes is important and is approx. 75% of the battle, then a week before exams start studying for about an hour then the day before the exam spend the day in the library doing the subject that's test is on the next day.

all repeats happen at the end of august start of september so if you fail a semester 1 subject you have to wait until then to repeat it.

Cremo wrote:
    no need to start studying now.

as binomate said attending classes is important and is approx. 75% of the battle, then a week before exams start studying for about an hour then the day before the exam spend the day in the library doing the subject that's test is on the next day.

all repeats happen at the end of august start of september so if you fail a semester 1 subject you have to wait until then to repeat it.

Alright, I will make sure to attend most/all classes and Labs.
    That's pretty much everything cleared up now.
    Unrelated, but I must say Art Sloan is a legend:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Naikon wrote:
    Art Sloan is a legend:)
    This thread is now a thread about Art Sloan.

Three cheers for Art Sloan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

i just started my final year.

none of the results from the previous 3 years matter at the end of the day.

its all about 4th year baby!

time to pull the finger out!

Advertisement