Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rebecca Knox Interview

• 19-09-2007 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

There's a recent interview with Rebecca Knox available here: www.britwres.com/news/192216496.shtml. There's been nothing heard from her for nearly a year, after she suffered a serious head/neck injury. I haven't listened to this interview yet, but from Meltzer's description on the Observer site, it doesn't sound like she'll be making it back into the ring. She's only 20/21 too

Rebecca's Irish by the way, for anyone who hasn't heard of her. She wrestled all over the place, Ireland, the UK, Germany, America, France and plenty of other places as far as I know. It's sad to hear about what happened to her, she was very talented

I'll post a recap after I listen to this tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    There's a recent interview with Rebecca Knox available here: www.britwres.com/news/192216496.shtml. There's been nothing heard from her for nearly a year, after she suffered a serious head/neck injury. I haven't listened to this interview yet, but from Meltzer's description on the Observer site, it doesn't sound like she'll be making it back into the ring. She's only 20/21 too

Rebecca's Irish by the way, for anyone who hasn't heard of her. She wrestled all over the place, Ireland, the UK, Germany, America, France and plenty of other places as far as I know. It's sad to hear about what happened to her, she was very talented

I'll post a recap after I listen to this tomorrow

I read recently that she's gone into fitness/training. I'll actually miss her ring work as she was talented beyond belief! Recap will definitely be interesting to check out.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

rough transcript:

She said the injury is all healed up - she then started going on about body building and how it might have helped her. But she admitted she felt like crap and that she couldnt wrestle properly and that her performances went down.

Symptons were blacking out, lack of concentration - doctor diagnosed cranial nerve damage, and doc said no wrestling. Goes on about her grotty little apartment in Florida, cause no one told her that she needed a car. Sounds like she was isolated from everyone. She is now a personal trainer - doesnt say where. She hasnt trained in over year, had a bunch of offers, but wouldnt perform cause she hasnt trained. Said the WWE Divas "flop around the ring".

She says she could come back, but she is going on that Fergal is in Japan, and that no one is here in Ireland to train here (take that Paul Tracey). She said she is in wrestling shape, but the ring rust is there.

Admitted multiple times that she cant rule out or commit to coming back to the ring. She has been working as an air stewardess. Wants to go back to university. She said her gimmick was ridiculous, an "Irish leprachaun that came out dancing to MC Hammer". She feels she was rubbish.

Then we get a few minutes rant about Louis Vitton bags...WTF????

Then a recap about her last match (note: sorry but so far she is a crap interviewee). Finnish wrestler was kicking wildly - she went for a german, and the Finnish girl hooked her, and landed on her head (Rebecca's).

Mentions Juggernaut (Canadian wrestler) who is retiring soon.

Mentions some work in Japan where she would work with Los Brazos.

Same tour she worked with Nadia Neidheart, Nikita (UK). She doesnt keep in contact with them. Still much love for them both.

Was asked would she do WWE - if it came along, she wouldnt mind it. Said her book (if she wrote it) would be full of quirky sayings and catchphrases. Admitted she talks bollox (this is very evident in this interview).

Brought up her talks with Alison Danger. Rebecca said she would stalk Alison Danger cause she is hot.

Talk about her time in Shimmer. Rates the place as "savage". Said all the girls there are great wrestlers and characters.

Talked about watching her own matches, etc but that isnt something she used to do. Talks about how you can be your own worse critic and that its better for another wrestler or trainer to look at it and come back to you with feedback.

In the past few months, she has been trying to keep up-to-date with her wrestling friends, but she doesnt watch wrestling. Was in Dubai, watching TNA, thought it was pretty cool. Was baffled by Wrestling X. Including all the explosions. Wrestling should have more explosions and people spontaneously exploding.

More talk about Alison Danger and her dog with kick pads - Rebecca thought it was awesome (this interview is really going down the ****ing toilet).

Sorry lads, I had to stop - that interview is just so painful to listen too, its not even funny.

Hopefully someone else can grin and bear it and finish the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, I didn't find it too painful, maybe just because I'm in a good mood today, otherwise she might have gotten on my nerves a bit!

She talked about the British women's wrestling scene after where Ph3n0m stopped listening. Led to her saying she doesn't drink or do drugs, luckily for us!

She hasn't watched IWW. Talked about how good Sean Maxer Brennan of NWA Ireland is, saying he just needs the opportunity and he'll be huge

She loves Street Fighter, a Ryu fan. The two hosts were Ken fans. Had a little argument. I always preferred Ryu, Ken was a pussy. Ballymun is a GHETTO~!

She went to Canada to wrestle when she was 18, had the time of her life. She stayed with cousins over there, winning titles in ECCW I think it was. One of the women over there sent a tape of Rebecca to Japan and she got invited over to wrestle. She got to team with Gran Hamada and Aja Kong. She had a contract with an advertising agency over there, to help promote herself

She talked about getting back to wrestling, saying that the indies are such hard work that she doesn't know if she could do it again. If the right opportunity presented itself then she'd think about coming back

The hosts mentioned WWE's proposed UK territory, which she thinks sounds like a great opportunity for British talent, as they'd have something to work for

They talked about Sweet Saraya, who nearly got her kneecap ripped off in a match recently, but she's recovering well. Rebecca hopes she gets back ok

The interview ended there, and she was happy because she was starving. So it ends up going on for a few more minutes talking about food and her overuse of certain words, like "ridiculous". Count me guilty there too

I'd never heard an interview with her before, but I had an idea of what she was like judging by the way Allison Danger went on about her in some shoot interview. The hosts joked that she's obviously still suffering the after-effects of her head injury, but she's always been that hyper/wacky/annoying to some. I just had a look to see what the actual effects of her head injury would be, she damaged her 8th cranial nerve, which affects hearing and balance. Sounds like she'd be able for a return if she had the motivation if given a good opportunity, which would probably mean WWE or TNA. I don't think she'd really miss wrestling though. Sure she's only 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I really hope after she has some time off that she comes back!
    the girl is that "out there" that she could make it, she stands out from the crowd and was until she was injured one of the best female wrestlers in the world...
    And also one of the most attractive girls I have ever met in person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

She's a lot like the Briscoe Brothers, in that it seems they've been around for ages, but they're still so young. Maybe the break will end up doing her good in a wrestling sense, just like the Briscoes' break from wrestling seemed to help them. It would be a shame though if she were able to come back and she didn't

• Advertisement
Advertisement