Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else sick of getting fake charity bags in their letterbox?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

shqipshume wrote: »
    Hahahaha u didnt :D

Ill try anything once, Superglue on the letterbox next and ill collect my mail:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If you saw them throw the things onto the ground then they are likely to be officially littering and Meath County Council litter warden / environment section should be really interested in what evidence you can vouch for. I think there is a distinct unease among the Council's of Ireland as the individuals claim to be not transporting waste which would require them to be licenced. But because anyone who leaves them out a bag is gifting the clothes to them thus its not waste. However if they are littering our fair County then the Council may have something to chase them on.

OP - If you are seriously annoyed as you appear to be from your posts then it may be worthwhile following up with the Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    If you saw them throw the things onto the ground then they are likely to be officially littering and Meath County Council litter warden / environment section should be really interested in what evidence you can vouch for. I think there is a distinct unease among the Council's of Ireland as the individuals claim to be not transporting waste which would require them to be licenced. But because anyone who leaves them out a bag is gifting the clothes to them thus its not waste. However if they are littering our fair County then the Council may have something to chase them on.

OP - If you are seriously annoyed as you appear to be from your posts then it may be worthwhile following up with the Council.

Already have... and he returned my call, but the lad is swamped with calls on other matters, so he has not got around to it... ever!

Anyone else wanna contact him... Meath Litter Warden: 1890 2280466.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

I also use them as bin bag
    handy
    i dont care who put it to my bin,
    once it is in my house, its goign to be used:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Ill try anything once, Superglue on the letterbox next and ill collect my mail:D
    What if their fingers get stuck 2 the letter box:eek:Not only do u get rubbish then but also unwanted bodies lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Posts deleted. Wertz and suzi-suz, leave out the racist remarks. Consider yourselves warned.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I used to use teh bags for bin-liners. They've stopped giving the bags lately, now I just get a flyer advising of a collection date. I leave all of my un-used clothes to the local hospice.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

yea, pity they don't leave the bags anymore. it's the bad english that makes me suspicious of their intentions, most of the guys leaving the leaflets seem to be eastern european too.....as previously said, it wouldn't be so bad if they were honest and said that they were selling the clothes on for a profit, but it makes me angry when i suspect that these folks are trying to con me..do they think we came down with the last shower!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

These guys have even set up a website:

http://www.clothescollection.eu/
    http://www.clothescollection.eu/images/stories/certificate.jpg

And it's as full of mispellings as their leaflets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

Posts deleted. Wertz and suzi-suz, leave out the racist remarks. Consider yourselves warned.

Hmm okey dokey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

defecate many times and wrap in a cloth, surround with used disposable nappies throw a T shirt on top (icing if you will)

let them send that to China!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Matt the moaner

I am fit to kill, 5:30 the last few mornings and my dog go's crazy, i am from Ballina, Co. Mayo and i mean it if he does it one more time i will let the dog out on him, and let him bleed out on the footpath:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

I stuck up a "No junk mail" sign on my door which stopped these, that awful Alive! magazine and restaurant flyers being delivered to my house, but this week got one of the fake charity bags.

And if Damien English TD, Cllr. Suzanne Jamal or Cllr. Jim Holloway are reading this, I will NOT BE VOTING FOR FINE GAEL, as they put a flyer through my letter box I did not ask for this week as well. The only two flyers I have received since I put up the sign two months ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 damLong

Placed a sign on our letter box a few weeks ago - no free news letters or junk mail , seems to have worked !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

heres all the info anyone needs to know on these people

devloping world clothing
    unit 5, unit 22,
    duleek business park,
    duleek, co. meath

director: Donatas Mikalauskas, Tamney, gormanstown, Co.meath
    telephone: 087 1214546 (ring him)

this man has a Current Waste Collection Permit, also operating in cork http://www.clothescollection.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Every monday morning they come in the door, I don't give them anything and wouldn't mind them collecting at all except for the chartiy references they constantly make, surely there must be a law against such false representaions - deception, it's a little thing but really sticks in my craw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

After months and months of stickers............suddenly it stopped!!!
    Have I spoken to soon??:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Whatever about the clothes ending up in charity shops here or in the north, some of them are shipped to developing countries to be sold, where they undercut the local industries and end up doing a lot more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

They got my 17 year old rotten Feile tent last week (was doing an attic clear out)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Scottie99 wrote: »
    After months and months of stickers............suddenly it stopped!!!
    Have I spoken to soon??:rolleyes:

They're probably on holidays :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 milkymoo24

I have serious beef with this so called organisation... like everyone else here, they seem to like waking us up around 4 in the morning, 2 nights a week.. EVERY week even though we give them nothing. Been meaning to try get hold of them for ages but last night was the final straw... We get our milk cartons delivered to out house and my partner forgot to take it in last night... this morning he took it in and noticed it was lighter than usual. He opened the lid and the bloody thing had been opened and drank from. And surprise suprise we had a viltis letter in the letter box. Now if one of the kids had taken in the milk they would not have realised that it had opened and someone had their mouth on it... Its bad enough the cut across all the gardens in out street instead of using the gates, and in doing so waking up all the dogs on the street ( We have a bloody wolf next door and two dogs of our own) at 4am but to touch our property and leave it there for us to use is not on. I'd rather they took the entire thing away with them. Does anyone here have a number or address for who runs them in the south east???? tried the mobile number that is posted and an eastern european lady answered and played dumb!

Advertisement