Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Yours!?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The Bollox wrote:
    have you ever listened to anything except Another Brick In The Wall pt. 2? because they have done much much better stuff and I would pay anything, yes ANYTHING, to see a Pink Floyd reunion concert
    Well Bollox, I always said you were crazy... and my frieand, I was right. Bored to tears watching them videos! Those visual screen affects during their live shows gives me nothing to enjoy! They use to much harmonies and never move into a moving train constents! The reason why I love proper Classic Rock is because they stick to a good sound motion of sound. I may give you my example...

Thats such a cool 80's song may I add! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

The Boss

Toni Soprano??? :D

Rustar wrote:
    You remind me of a certain Mr. Patrick Bates in "American Psycho".
    I like your taste, but..... "Do you like Phil Collins?" :cool:

I was about to put the one with Sussudio but there some... 'graphic' scenes in it... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

phil collins the biggest legend in music ha ha you must be having a laugh.
    i'm take a wild guess here that you also think ronan collins is the best dj on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I wish I knew how to put in you tube vids but I don't......ah well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVaw8WivNr8

FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Cathal Coughlan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Nailz wrote:
    I like your taste, but..... "Do you like Phil Collins?" :cool:

Sorry, his name was actually Patrick Bateman. You can understand my confusion, since the character in the original "Psycho" was named Norman Bates.

By comparing you to Bateman, I was actually facetiously calling you a 'deranged, insane serial killer', as one of the defining moments of Bateman's insanity is when he claims that Old Genesis was "too cerebral". Throwing in Huey Lewis was just icing on the cake. :)

Phil? He was ok for a superficial pop star. He actually did some excellent work with Genesis after Gabriel left ("Trick of the Tail" comes to mind), and had rare gems with Genesis later (say, "Land of Confusion"). 'Abacab' was a stand-up album, hearkening back to more of a Classic Genesis sound.

But the longer it went on, the more commercial and superficial it got. "Easy Lover" and the girl-group covers are good examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

edward vedder
    + 1, what a voice! Him singing the Split Enz's "Stuff and nonsense" sends shivers down my spine.

I also vote Clapton.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Mikeal Akerfeldt.

• Advertisement

dantes74 wrote:
    phil collins the biggest legend in music ha ha you must be having a laugh.
    i'm take a wild guess here that you also think ronan collins is the best dj on the radio
    I said biggest legend, not best music. Who ever you think is a damn right cool fúcker! :D BTW, Ronan Collins is a Bollox!

I'm suprised nobody said this dude yet! :D

Ah now, can someone actually tell me he's no cool! :cool:

Johnny Cash is a legend, so is Shaun Ryder & Bez from Happy Mondays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Tom Waits, Harry Chapin.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

Proper Legends ...... gotta be Levon Helm singing something written by Robbie Robertson .... unbeatable

Modern Legend ..... emmm I am firmly of the belief that Ryan Adams will prove to rank among the greatest songwriters of all time :)

Ryan Adams is playing here in Nov. incase you haven't heard. National Concert Hall I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

slash without a doubt

any man who can drink as much as he does, and do as much drugs as he does is man enough to be my hero!!!!

what a champion of a man!

great guitarist too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Love all types of artists and groups ,so so many ........but the Harmonies and music of Brian wilson and the Beach boys will always have a special place in my heart ..............

Surfin' USAaaahhhh!

Nailz]Surfin' USAaaahhhh!
    yup, seen the mike love /bruce johnson version of the beach boys (twice ) at the liverpool sumer pops and also brian wilson at the same venue 2 years ago .What was intresting was to see a lot of 20 somthings and teens at the gigs who were not born when the original line up was around .....

Thats quite bizzare, but sure I'd go and I'm 21! :)

• Advertisement

Thats quite bizzare, but sure I'd go and I'm 21!
    why not ? Thy do tend to appeal to a much wider audience now and the Thrills have being very much influenced by them in recent years

Tis true! Do you like Classic Rock or 80's rock or anything like that...

Hi , yes i like a lot of classic rock and 80s bands such as Boston ,Blue oyster cult ,Queen ,Level 42 but going across the board could also include 70s bands like Deep purple , Doobie bros ,Eagles ......the list is endless .

Any favorites yourself ???

Blue Oyster Cult, Queen and Deep Purple would be beyond the best there. Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepland, Cream and other simular bands upon the 60's & 70's era are legends in there own right. But I love Baggy and Madchester bands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

John Bonham, no question. Best drummer ever.

Modern legend? Zack de la Rocha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gene Simmons

Modern Legend- Jeff tweedy (Wilco)

Yes, i rate Paul Thomson of Roxy Music very highly to , right up there with the best of them ,he sure knows how to work a set of drums ,built like a brick **** house to LOL .......

Modern legend? Zack de la Rocha
    John Bonham!?! Best drummer?!! Phil Collins is more like it! check out the first 2 pages to see what I mean.... :D

Zack de la Rocha eh??? Did you vote for the green party??? :p

Phil collins said that Ringo starr was a very underated drummer .He was refering to his drumming on sgt pepper and Abbey road and phil reckoned his (ringo) drumming on these two albums was exceptional and hard to copy .Have to say his drumming on a lot of the tracks on those albums is very good indeed .

• Advertisement

Yes I have to agree. Phil Collins never gets it wrong! :cool:

Advertisement