Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lillies , Renards etc....

Options
  • 20-09-2007 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been to these clubs? Any good? I always hear that this is where Ireland's "celebrities" go to but i cant see how they differ to normal nightclubs. Also, is it almost impossible for an ordinary person to get into them?
    d_b

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

been in Both.

they are alright tbh, I rather like renards compared to lillies tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

I was in Renards on a work do, so they couldnt not let me in :) A hour in my mate rang, said he was doin **** all and could he tip in, arrived locked about 40 mins later and got in no problem. Mind you, he does have studenty D4 type long hair, and an amazing ability to be acting the complete and utter drunken bollix on a street approaching a club, but can hold his breath and totally compose himself for the minute he has to hang around the door, before getting in and proceeding with the jumping on peoples backs and talking ****e. Compare it to me, sometimes ive just looked tired after a long day at work and the bouncer thinks ive been drinking since the afternoon.

meh, it seemed pretty pokey/small. Wasnt a huge crowd, place didnt seem crowded with models or the like, its been a while now but iirc its almost more of a large disco bar than a big nightclub. Was disappointed not to run into Dunphy, hes apparently a regular. Cant recall the tunes much but i wasnt really dancin so it cant have been great (however, i do recall that while they were playin the start up stuff as the club was filling up Warren Gs Regulate came on :) Rep-ra-zent :D )

All in all i dont think we great unwashed are missing a load by being kept out of Renards, Krystle and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Been to Lillies a few times, pretty unimpressive. Think 92 but with a snobbier/older clientele (and with better decor) and youre pretty much spot on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

renards is okay but nothing special. the famous people are in the VIP areas, that the normal people would find pretty difficult to get into

have never bothered with lillies, couldnt be doing with the whole D4 element

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Was in lilleis vip area a couple of times,its a load of ****,people poncing about the place like they're something special.Was with somebody who had a table in the area so we had this "hostess" hanging around waiting to get drinks.Not my scene at all so i went to the bar myslef,probably the only person in the place drinking pints.There was a lot of charlie knocking around too which didnt make the people any more bearable and the music was pure rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Isn't Krystle the new celeb hang out spot now? What's that like?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

MayMay wrote:
    Isn't Krystle the new celeb hang out spot now? What's that like?

it is indeed, its so so, friday night is the night to go there, not the easiest to get in, tis a bit of social **** in there, all very clicky, nice once ya know a few there.

Advertisement