Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the water safe to drink?

Options
  • 20-09-2007 12:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

When I moved in (Corrib Village) there were signs on the doors saying the water was safe to drink and had passed a safety check blah blah blah but the other day one of my flatmates said he heard on the radio that there was an issue in Salthill or somewhere and that the water may have e-Coli :eek:

So what's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I drink city centre water now since 2 weeks - no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Safe to drink yes, nice to drink no. I'm sticking with bottled water when I'm drinking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ya i'm the same, wouldn't go back drinking that water again. It's grand though for brushing teeth, washing veg etc, again though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If you drink tapwater anywhere in the world you are taking a risk - Galway is no different. It tastes nasty anyway - why would you want to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

If you drink tapwater anywhere in the world you are taking a risk - Galway is no different. It tastes nasty anyway - why would you want to?
    I didn't notice it being particularly bad, but then again I came from London so I'm probably used to worse :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cptn_underpants

Was told in a restaurant the other night that they "haven't been given notice from the council" so they couldn't serve me tap water.....I told them that it was okay to drink the water in town now, as if they didn't know already and they wouln't serve me tap water!
    B.astards. Second time it's happened to me since the boil notice was lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Was told in a restaurant the other night that they "haven't been given notice from the council" so they couldn't serve me tap water.....I told them that it was okay to drink the water in town now, as if they didn't know already and they wouln't serve me tap water!
    B.astards. Second time it's happened to me since the boil notice was lifted.
    CHEAPO!

I drink the tap water in Knocknacarra and its fine /shrug

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ah yes, good old e-coli!! Apparently some places are contaminated, or were last week anyway. I'm not sure if the situation has changed. I'm not drinking the water because it doesn't taste or smell right, and also I'm on the border of the affected area. Even if the water was ok, I wouldn't drink it.

Oh look what I just found:

http://www.galwaycity.ie/GeneralNews/MainBody,4051,en.html

Drink away man, but watch out for flying paint buckets!! (I hear Corrib Village was a bit mad last week!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I was called to a house in the city centre a few years ago to fix a blocked tap - the kitchen tap is fed directly from the mains and it just stopped working. I took the tap off and when I opened it, I took out a cupfull of tiny snail shells - they were all ~5mm long. The snails were long gone, just their shells were left - I didn't have the heart or stomach to show the customer why the tap had stopped. Drink it at your peril...

'cptr

Advertisement