Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fired.............Period!!!

• 20-09-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Courtesy of ECW.com:

Marcus Cor Von released
    Written: September 19, 2007

As first reported by WWE Mobile Alerts, WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Marcus Cor Von as of September 19. We wish him the best in all his future endeavors.

Monty Brown/Marcus Cor Von was on an extended leave of absence due to family issues. Apparently WWE had - had enough and fired him today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

He can pounce his way back to TNA! Quite frankly, they could use him more than WWE. :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

TBH I see him getting out of wrestling, and going full time with fitness training

He had a run but I dont think he has any great love for wrestling, he could take it or leave it

That said with TNA going 2 hrs they could take him back, he was never astounding for them but he had his role and was solid enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

He will be re-hired by December. It makes sense to release him, while he is dealing with the death of his sister and then at a later date they can discuss a return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

His sister died? Where did you hear this? All i've seen is that it was a very personal family issue - no details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think it was the Observer that reported that he had to look after his sisters kids when she died, so he just didn't have the time to wrestle when it happened. I was wondering if this was coming after reading that Sonny Siaki had been released because he was dealing with family issues

I've never been a fan of his. If TNA don't want him back then I'd say he'll get out of the business

• Advertisement

I'd say there's a fairly good chance that TNA will grab him back. He's been pretty much established there and it will only be a matter of time that they'll cop on that the former WWE guys aren't drawing as well as expected.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

We should have one set 'Your Fired' thread rather than making a seperate one for every Tom, Dick and Harry, or Teddy in this case.
    GERWECK.NET has learned that Teddy Hart was fired earlier this afternoon. Hart had been under a developmental deal, and wrestling both in Tampa and Louisville, and was slated to be apart of the New Hart Foundation on WWE television.

Shame about the Hart Foundation not happening, this will probably hold Harry Smith back which is a bad thing. I'm not a Teddy Hart fan at all though so I don't really mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Double C wrote: »
    We should have one set 'Your Fired' thread rather than making a seperate one for every Tom, Dick and Harry, or Teddy in this case.

Shame about the Hart Foundation not happening, this will probably hold Harry Smith back which is a bad thing. I'm not a Teddy Hart fan at all though so I don't really mind :)

I'm not even 1% surprised. Teddy Hart is an asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

^^^ well i disagree, he, like all the bret's kids are really nice. teddy is mental about the business, he will be back.

I bet he didn't do anything half as bad as randy orton has done over the past 18 months, yet for his crimes he is world champ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

rossie1977 wrote: »
    ^^^ well i disagree, he, like all the bret's kids are really nice. teddy is mental about the business, he will be back.

I bet he didn't do anything half as bad as randy orton has done over the past 18 months, yet for his crimes he is world champ ;)

As much as I love to see him on tv, you just don't get fired from the same company twice without being seriously immature and unprofessional. He's extremely talented and has the heritage for the business but his attitude as let him down far too often. He's still young though so here's hoping he'll be back in a few years winning world title's

• Advertisement

amull87 wrote: »
    As much as I love to see him on tv, you just don't get fired from the same company twice without being seriously immature and unprofessional.

Jim ross anyone :p

Jim ross anyone :p

Marty Jannetty, Dustin Runnels, Joey Mercury... the list goes on and on!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Randy's a lot more talented than Teddy Hart anyway. Harry Smith's better off without him!

Fozzy wrote: »
    Randy's a lot more talented than Teddy Hart anyway. Harry Smith's better off without him!

Completely different types of wrestler so unfair to compare. Some of the stuff hart does, orton could only dream of pulling off to be fair.

haven't seen enough of smith to be honest, from what i have seen he looks a big guy with little charisma (that won't get him very far)

Fozzy wrote: »

Teddy is a talented guy, i'll give him that. But he has such a f*cking attitude problem! Is there anywhere he hasn't managed to get fired from yet?

VR!

haven't seen enough of smith to be honest, from what i have seen he looks a big guy with little charisma (that won't get him very far)

Rock in 1996 anyone? ;)
    Moral of the story. Give him time, he'll learn ;)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Teddy Hart is Brets son? Thats a new one on me.

Ive yet to see a Teddy Hart match I have liked. Just cannot take to him.

johnson already had charisma in 1996, if harry smith makes it is a big as johnson i will eat this keyboard and yours too VR

johnson already had charisma in 1996

No he didn't, he had a stupid haircut and big-ass grin!
    VR!

gimmick wrote: »
    Teddy Hart is Brets son? Thats a new one on me.

Ive yet to see a Teddy Hart match I have liked. Just cannot take to him.

teddy is bret's nephew, bret has two sons dallas and blade and two daughters jade and beans...

• Advertisement

No he didn't, he had a stupid haircut and big-ass grin!
    VR!

so he plucked his charisma from thin air then :D don't buy that; johnson always had charisma, just wasn't allowed showcase at first, you can't teach a guy to be more charismatic, you can teach him to be a better wrestler/speaker but charisma is a talent. similar with santino, he didn't just become more charismatic overnight when he turned heel.

i have watched a few of his old hurricane games and he had a massive afro back then, must have been 5 inches high :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

What makes Teddy Hart better then your average flippy macflip flip spot monkey? I know that seems like flame bait, but I really would like to know :confused:

he didn't just become more charismatic overnight when he turned heel.

But thats just it, he did! From what the world saw, he did. And that's all that counts![/QUOTE]

kyp_durron wrote: »
    What makes Teddy Hart better then your average flippy macflip flip spot monkey? I know that seems like flame bait, but I really would like to know :confused:

It's the RVD syndrome. But people dig that sort of thing. Some people dig Orton too, even if a lot of his matches are boring-ass restholds.

Horses for courses, i guess.
    VR!

kyp_durron wrote: »

let me turn it around, why are untalented bums like Mark Henry, Khali, snitsky, jim duggan, batista, Chuck Palumbo on the WWE roster ahead of teddy hart. Khali i can live with because he is unique but the rest are shi*e

It's the RVD syndrome. But people dig that sort of thing. Some people dig Orton too, even if a lot of his matches are boring-ass restholds.

Horses for courses, i guess.
    VR!

Granted, I guess I just don't get it with him. Also if he ever did make it to WWE would he be allowed do all his crazy moves? Cause without them, what does he have to offer? He's 27 too, not all that young, and if he keeps ****ing up like he is now he will never make it. Hell even ROH won't have anything to do with him.

let me turn it around, why are untalented bums like Mark Henry, Khali, snitsky, jim duggan, batista, Chuck Palumbo on the WWE roster ahead of teddy hart. Khali i can live with because he is unique but the rest are shi*e

I agree with that completely. I would rather watch Teddy Hart then any of these wrestlers, I still think London or Kendrick do the same style, but a lot better tbh as do a lot of other wrestlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

One word - SIZE!!! Apparently its quite important in Pro Wrestling!

Also, unlike Teddy Hart, all of the above havnt f**ked up everywhere they've gone and burned all their bridges. They all appear to be professional with good attitudes, while Teddy appears to be highly unprofessional with a bad attitude. In my opinion, anyone who s**ts all over Pro Wrestling by no selling a finish and doing moonsaults off cages instead has no place in the business. Have any of the guys you've mentioned above done anything like that, been given a second chance with WWE and f**ked up again???

Think that explains basically why those guys are on the main roster and Teddy Hart is not.

in my opinion, anyone who s**ts all over Pro Wrestling by no selling a finish and doing moonsaults off cages instead has no place in the business.

that was all of four years ago and he was sacked for it :eek:, i bet you have no problem with triple h and undertaker "no selling" night after night.

i don't know but hart seems to be the most controversial guy in wrestling today (most of it is put-on i bet to create an image) because talking with him he seems like a pretty down to earth guy.

still controversy creates cash; they wouldn't even need to create a gimmick for him.

i do agree with the size thing though, that story that vince sent guys into golds gym in venice beach just to sign up the biggest guys there is fu*kin sickening imo. more batista's and chris masters', hip hip hooray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In all fairness, Batista and Henry aren't talentless and they both have massive prescence in the ring. WWE would miis the big guys more than you'd think

that was all of four years ago and he was sacked for it :eek:, i bet you have no problem with triple h and undertaker "no selling" night after night.

I am aware that it was 4 yrs ago nd that he was sacked, but the underlying issue was that he neglected one of the core values of Pro Wrestling to put himself over. By doing so he showed extreme selfishness and that he was prepared to put himself over at the expense of the business. What makes you think that he suddenly cares about the business?

By the way, when did Triple H or undertaker EVER no sell the finish of a match?
    i don't know but hart seems to be the most controversial guy in wrestling today (most of it is put-on i bet to create an image) because talking with him he seems like a pretty down to earth guy.

still controversy creates cash; they wouldn't even need to create a gimmick for him.

You cannot seriously suggest that Hart would be stupid enough to deliberately black ball himself from numerous promotions and create one of the worst reputations in wrestling just to create controversy?

I know you met him in a social circumstance and have forged an opinion of him based on that. That's perfectly understandable but people can be different when it comes to business. I've met so many people from different walks of life who were sound and down to earth in a social context but when it came to business and self interest, they'd stab their best mates in the back to get ahead.

there have been plenty of big guys with talent; bigelow, vader, awesome, jacobs, wight (before he balloned to over 450lb), yoko, umanga, rikishi etc etc.

Nelson Frazier is far more talented than mark henry imo but henry keeps getting pushed because he signed a big money deal all those years ago.

dave batista i will never get, he is not even that big in real life (only a little bigger than cena)

I know you met him in a social circumstance and have forged an opinion of him based on that. That's perfectly understandable but people can be different when it comes to business. I've met so many people from different walks of life who were sound and down to earth in a social context but when it came to business and self interest, they'd stab their best mates in the back to get ahead.

fair point, i cannot argue with that.

its always opposite with me though, social circumstances sometimes bring out the worst in people, especially when alcohol is involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 DerekSmalls

there have been plenty of big guys with talent; bigelow, vader, awesome, jacobs, wight (before he balloned to over 450lb), yoko, umanga, rikishi etc etc.

Nelson Frazier is far more talented than mark henry imo but henry keeps getting pushed because he signed a big money deal all those years ago.

dave batista i will never get, he is not even that big in real life (only a little bigger than cena)

Why do you keep refering to wrestlers by their real names?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Gotta agree with derek, it's airly annoying. Big Daddy V is getting a push and I think he's a former (hardcore) champ and Batista is big

• Advertisement

Also it's Umaga, not Umanga. Even Regal's joke of mispronouncing his name got tiring after week one.

VR!

Also it's Umaga, not Umanga. Even Regal's joke of mispronouncing his name got tiring after week one.

VR!

Well, to be honest, I still think it's funny.

Was actually talking about this to a friend, but i think i've had some sort of humour bypass and nobody informed me. I don't find Regal's mispronounciations amusing. Jericho did it way better in my opinion. I also find Santinoa Marella an annoyinga as hella! It was funny the firsta weeka but nowa he's justa milking it!

VR!

Batista is freekin huge and lean as well. Cena is also huge and lean. Both guys are in awesome shape and have the bodybuilder look Vince goes for - in fact both actually competed in bodybuilding competitions before getting into wrestling.

The main problems with Big Daddy V is that he is fat and not very mobile - on a side note, they should really start covering up his upper body again:(. Henry on the other hand, I cant understand at all why he gets pushed - he cant work, doesnt have the look, and his carelessness has caused injuries to so many guys over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Batista is freekin huge and lean as well. Cena is also huge and lean. Both guys are in awesome shape and have the bodybuilder look Vince goes for - in fact both actually competed in bodybuilding competitions before getting into wrestling.

The main problems with Big Daddy V is that he is fat and not very mobile - on a side note, they should really start covering up his upper body again:(. Henry on the other hand, I cant understand at all why he gets pushed - he cant work, doesnt have the look, and his carelessness has caused injuries to so many guys over the years.

Injuries to who?

Most of them have been kayfabe.

If you put Henry in the ring with someone like Mysterio you should expect an injury. There's only so much protection you can get when a 400 odd pound man splashes you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Nah i dont think so, i think the whole shirtless look works well with his character....and he is(or has been in years past) very agile for a man his size(spinnign heal kick)..granted bit slow tog et up but u wud be to at 500+....hes getting on in years now and you can notice the slowdown.

but......

on topic.......not suprised bout Harts release, tho i am disappointed.... the 'New Hart foundation' angle cud have worked well.......heard rumours they were considering have them run a programme with hbk.....which wud of been good compared to the ****e currently on shows.......and talk of bringing Bret in for a one shot deal to introduce them etc...wud of worked very well if done properly..........now it looks like all were left with is....Harry smith coming up on his own, which IMO does not have near the same effect or storeyline options...but im sure some will disagree :)

Injuries to who?

Most of them have been kayfabe.

While some of them may have been kayfabe, Henry legitimately injured undertaker, Kurt Angle, and Batista. I read in the blurb of his new book that Batista blames Henry's carelessness for the tricep injury he suffered a while back.

HBK wrote: »
    now it looks like all were left with is....Harry smith coming up on his own, which IMO does not have near the same effect or storeyline options...but im sure some will disagree :)

Why not still have a faction with Harry Smith & TJ Wilson (the Stampede Bulldogs) with Nattie Neidhart and possibly Ted Dibiase Jr. Fair enough, it wont be the Hart foundation, but it could still be a sucessful faction if done properly.

While some of them may have been kayfabe, Henry legitimately injured undertaker, Kurt Angle, and Batista. I read in the blurb of his new book that Batista blames Henry's carelessness for the tricep injury he suffered a while back.

Angle's and Batista's were definitely kayfaved. Angle's back was giving him grief for months as a result of his miracle neck surgery that was only a short term solution, and he knew that would be the case when he agreed to it in 2003. Instead of going to Youngblood, he went to Jho so he could get back in the ring quicker!

Batista was the first one to say he was injured before he was even in the program with Mizark Hizenry but he was working through it. I love how a lot of people change their stories for books though! :)

VR!

Batista is freekin huge and lean as well. Cena is also huge and lean. Both guys are in awesome shape and have the bodybuilder look Vince goes for - in fact both actually competed in bodybuilding competitions before getting into wrestling

batista was an ex-bodybuilder, i didn't know that :confused: Cena was for definite and he was much bigger back then. Cena is very lean and deceptively tall, same with orton who is a fair bit taller than batista out of gear, yet is billed shorter :D

its silly and dangerous having guys like henry, wight, BDV in the ring with people like kendrick, mysterio etc. one wrong move and the little guy is dead :(

Angle's and Batista's were definitely kayfaved. Angle's back was giving him grief for months as a result of his miracle neck surgery that was only a short term solution, and he knew that would be the case when he agreed to it in 2003. Instead of going to Youngblood, he went to Jho so he could get back in the ring quicker!

Batista was the first one to say he was injured before he was even in the program with Mizark Hizenry but he was working through it. I love how a lot of people change their stories for books though! :)

VR!

The Angle injury i am talking about was during the program he and Henry had in January/February 2006 - At first it was thought to be a serious enough injury, but it turned out to be a relatively minor injury, which did not require surgery and Angle worked through it. This one may have been worked but from what i recall, the feeling at the time was that it was legit.

With Batista, he had an injured lat muscle that he was working through. Then in a house show match with Mark Henry in January 2006, Henry injured his tricep, which forced him to have surgery. The injury he was working through and the one he suffered in the match against Henry were completely unrelated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That would be like Bret Hart blaming Goldberg or Austin blaming Owen and then calling them unsafe workers because of it.

Accidents happen.

If he was unsafe he would be long gone.

Ahmed Johnson springs to mind.

The Angle injury i am talking about was during the program he and Henry had in January/February 2006 - At first it was thought to be a serious enough injury, but it turned out to be a relatively minor injury, which did not require surgery and Angle worked through it. This one may have been worked but from what i recall, the feeling at the time was that it was legit.

That's the one i referred to. But it was definitely written into the storyline from what i remember. Angles injury was serious, but he was in total denial about it. Mizark is definitely not to blame for that one.
    With Batista, he had an injured lat muscle that he was working through. Then in a house show match with Mark Henry in January 2006, Henry injured his tricep, which forced him to have surgery. The injury he was working through and the one he suffered in the match against Henry were completely unrelated.

Again, from what i recall of that, Mizark had bugger all to do with that as Big Dave was riddled with injuries he was working through stemming back as far as Survivor Series the previous year. And he even said that himself in interviews during the time he was off.

VR!

That would be like Bret Hart blaming Goldberg or Austin blaming Owen and then calling them unsafe workers because of it.

Accidents happen.

If he was unsafe he would be long gone.

Ahmed Johnson springs to mind.

Ahmed Johnson was more responsible for injuring himself more than anyone else! He was more accident prone than Kevin Nash!!

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I also find Santinoa Marella an annoyinga as hella! It was funny the firsta weeka but nowa he's justa milking it!

VR!

He IS playing an annoying heel role, in fairness, maybe he's doing his job better than you give him credit for!

• Advertisement
Advertisement