Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Hardcore/Punk Bands Needs Guitarist.

• 20-09-2007 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

So my hardcore/punk/post-hardcore band "Slavestate" (name's not finalized yet!) needs a guitarist to complete the band.

We're a slightly political, anti-establishment, gigs oriented band with DIY ethics.

Our influences range across from Hatebreed, Stick to Your Guns, Comeback Kid, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Rise Against, Thrice, Mars Volta, Rage Against the Machine and a few many more punk, hardcore and metal bands!

We need a guitarist who has a good rhythm for the hardcore punk songs with a wee bit of metal influence. We'ld also like the guitarist to be able to play lead melodies and solo's for some songs too.

I'm the vocalist/guitarist of the band but i'ld be doing only vocals for most hardcore punk songs. The other members are a bassist and a drummer. We're all 18-19 in the band and would like the guitarist to be around the same age group too.

Dedication, cooperation and creativity counts more than skill!

And finally the main objective is to have loads of fun too! There's no point if its not fun!! Guitarist needs to be able to get along well with the rest of the band and be up for making some amazing ear bleeding music and having loads of fun doing that and other crazy things!

Hit back if interested!

Cheers!
    -Af

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

juust a short note

this is how an ad should be done clear objective what you are looking for music type age group and what is expected

good luck wuth your search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Where have all the guitarists suddenly disappeared??

There's gotta be someone out there looking for a band....

more bump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alchemist

ok. Im a guitarist

do You wanna jam>? Marcin
    So my hardcore/punk/post-hardcore band "Slavestate" (name's not finalized yet!) needs a guitarist to complete the band.

We're a slightly political, anti-establishment, gigs oriented band with DIY ethics.

Our influences range across from Hatebreed, Stick to Your Guns, Comeback Kid, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Rise Against, Thrice, Mars Volta, Rage Against the Machine and a few many more punk, hardcore and metal bands!

We need a guitarist who has a good rhythm for the hardcore punk songs with a wee bit of metal influence. We'ld also like the guitarist to be able to play lead melodies and solo's for some songs too.

I'm the vocalist/guitarist of the band but i'ld be doing only vocals for most hardcore punk songs. The other members are a bassist and a drummer. We're all 18-19 in the band and would like the guitarist to be around the same age group too.

Dedication, cooperation and creativity counts more than skill!

And finally the main objective is to have loads of fun too! There's no point if its not fun!! Guitarist needs to be able to get along well with the rest of the band and be up for making some amazing ear bleeding music and having loads of fun doing that and other crazy things!

Hit back if interested!

Cheers!
    -Af

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

18 year old guitarist here. Been playing for over 6 years and am based in South Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Hi, i'm interested in jammin, i have a white zombie kinda sound if you interested also a lil gn'r, but i can play to anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

where are you based??

^^ As it says on the box, Dublin....
    We practice mainly in the city centre...

PM me with more details bout yourself and your musical influences if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

I'm 21, love hardcore and punk and have been trying to get a band started for a while but the other guys have gone awol, probably gave up on it and I wouldn't blame them the amount of time it took to get thing togther. I'm probably a little rustier than the other guys and I haven't been in a band in years but,if they don't work out I'll have a go.
    My tastes are varied but to give you an idea, this is tattooed on my arm
    th.3ecf195487.jpg

Advertisement