Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft word question

Options
  • 20-09-2007 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I’m trying to fill in a job application for the HSE at the moment in Microsoft word.

There are grey boxes for me to put my answers into on word, but the problem is I am having trouble formatting them. The format options are grey and unselectable.

Anyone able to offer a solution. As it’s a job app. I want it to look as professional as possible, but with the current setup some of the text is bold and some not and i cant change it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

dont know if this helps must but some basic formatting can be
    done using just the keyboard - select text and then
    control-B to toggle bold formatting, control-I for italics
    and control-U for underline.

not sure if this is enabled in the form you have but it may be
    worth a try.

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Thanks Shane but it doesnt work unfortunatly, i can select it but nothing happens when i press any of the buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

is it possible to type it somewhere else and them copy and paste it into the grey boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Sounds like the formatting was locked on the form. Can you 'unprotect' the form via tools | Unprotect Document ?

If the person creating the form made a mess of it (by creating the form from an existing document that was badly formatted) and then locked the form down by protecting it using a password then I fear you are stuck....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

delos wrote:
    Sounds like the formatting was locked on the form. Can you 'unprotect' the form via tools | Unprotect Document ?

If the person creating the form made a mess of it (by creating the form from an existing document that was badly formatted) and then locked the form down by protecting it using a password then I fear you are stuck....

never thought of that, just checked and its password protected and i cant change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cluide22

Does anyone know where I can get a free word processing application?

cluide22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can a free word processing application?

Google Docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cluide22

Does anyone know where I can get a free word processing application?

• Registered Users Posts: 59,610 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Libre Office

Youtube video here with additional alternatives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Y_aCUeNqw

Advertisement