Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Help..... Yes Or No

Options
  • 20-09-2007 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hey guys Looking the name of some guys in the limerick area that can repair my audi,,,

Need to get a instrument cluster for the dash

A airbag for the passanger seat

And to fix the seat belt on the passanger side,,,

Also just buyin this car,, thats everything wrong with it, 2002 A3 for 7,000

Good Or Bad... lol

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is an independant mechanic on the Pennywell Road just before the junction of Clare Street/Dublin Road. Just around the corner from the Claghaun Bar. The building looks like a big shed so it is quite easy to miss. He drives an Audi and I have seen quite a few Audis in his garage so I would presume he knows them well enough. Don't know his name or if he is into repairing stuff like air bags but it might be worth popping into him and asking.

Avoid the main dealer up the road unless you like open wallet surgery. :D

Good or bad? Don't know without getting a report on the extent of the damage but if an air bag needs to be replaced then it must have been involved in a decent enough accident. At least have the chassis and steering checked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

bazz26 wrote:

Avoid the main dealer up the road unless you like open wallet surgery. :D

Well said.

OP - you could also try Franklin Motors in Ballysimon - they seem to be good with VAG stuff. 061 339911

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote:
    There is an independant mechanic on the Pennywell Road just before the junction of Clare Street/Dublin Road. Just around the corner from the Claghaun Bar. The building looks like a big shed so it is quite easy to miss. He drives an Audi and I have seen quite a few Audis in his garage so I would presume he knows them well enough. Don't know his name or if he is into repairing stuff like air bags but it might be worth popping into him and asking.

His name is Daithi, and he doesn't drive nor own an Audi.

The silver A6 belongs to the owner of the pub, whose name is Aidie.

p.s. you cannot repair an airbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

7k sounds ok for that - but it is gonna cost a bit to fix it. How many miles?
    Is it a trade car from garage or private or??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

His name is Daithi, and he doesn't drive nor own an Audi.

The silver A6 belongs to the owner of the pub, whose name is Aidie.

You learn something new every day. Nearly anytime I have passed that place there have always been at least one Audi in his shed. Maybe just coincidental but I would still reckon he is fairly familiar with working on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement