Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into new house

Options
  • 20-09-2007 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I am moving into a new house in about three weeks time. I have sold my old house and am hoping to close both sales on the same day.

The house I have bought is a new house so I need to get flooring put down before I move in.
    As this is the first time I have bought a new house I am wondering if I can arrange for flooring to be put down before the sale is closed. I have signed contracts and paid the 10% deposit.

I just want to know if it is possible before I approach the builder/estate agent.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

It is possible. All depends on the builder, and if he's a friendly sort!

It's worth the phone call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Libster

Thanks Juke,

I will give him a call.
    I would like to limit the amount of time I need to have all my stuff in storage for:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

but if you do, you're exposing yourself to a risk that the sale might not go
    through and you will have improved someone else's house? What if the house you are selling falls through? Can you still go ahead with the purchase of the new home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Libster

I had thought of that but I would be able to cover the mortgage on both for a while if the sale falls through.
    I don't think it will as the buyer seems very anxious to move in as soon as possible:)
    I was thinking of getting the hall tiled the week before I move in. It will need a few days to set before I can get the carpets and wooden floors put down.

Thanks for all the advice.

Advertisement