Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

that "Global" Manga rant

Options
  • 20-09-2007 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Cross posted to the manga forum:

Alot of comments and reactions happening to this extended rant ........... wondering what peoples views here are. I was put off anime/manga for a number of years not because I disliked it but because I was living in new york at the time and was driven mad by 12 year olds dressed as cats using all these japanese words that they pronounced incorrectly. to me its like non-irish people calling Ireland 'Eire'

I thankfully got back to reading manga and I do enjoy the OEL mangas that are put out and know a few of the people who do them but I also found myself nodding and agreeing with alot of what the rant linked above says.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

Manga has become the mc donalds of the animation world and there's not alot else coming out these days the world of animation is gone stale and needs a dose of new life :D but i do like my manga well some of it the majority is trash like happy meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Manga has become the mc donalds of the animation world and there's not alot else coming out these days the world of animation is gone stale and needs a dose of new life :D but i do like my manga well some of it the majority is trash like happy meals.

I actually work as an animator and just finished on 12 month contract on a feature film being made here in ireland that I can say is def not an anime rip in anyway plus most of the stuff ive seen in preproduction at irish animation studios isn't falling into the anime rip either - true most of the tv shows we are seeing on tv are heavily influenced by anime and manga but theres alot of animated shorts being made both here in europe and in north america that aren't, trouble is you have to go film festivals to see most of them.

Advertisement